What have you sacrificed or lost through making music?

- ask away
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Girlfriends dont help..
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:Girlfriends dont help..
or do they? just got to find the right muse i guess :D
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Opuswerk wrote:
True, but my experience is locking yourself away all weekend doesnt do anything for a relationship...
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:
Opuswerk wrote:
True, but my experience is locking yourself away all weekend doesnt do anything for a relationship...
granted.... I'm lucky she got classes every morning so i get time to do music. Plus i send her to yoga lessons and basically encourage her to have actvities on her side. So i get music time.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Opuswerk wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:
Opuswerk wrote:
granted.... I'm lucky she got classes every morning so i get time to do music. Plus i send her to yoga lessons and basically encourage her to have actvities on her side. So i get music time.
Sounds like your sorted son! like you said, its all about balance.... if you dont find a nice balance in life youll go nowhere.....
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

they do if they're your soulmate. :)
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I suppose I've been very lucky. As I have never at all questioned why I would choose music as a life activity over other things that could bring different gains.

I have seen many people chasing strange things... obsessing over status symbols, possessions and failing to see what other people would consider to be the important things in life.

Music, on the other hand has always been the opposite to me... it helped me to survive my teenage years as well as being a medium that has soundtracked and helped in the creation of many other experiences in my life, from the difficult to the joyous.

I guess I have a different perspective to some because music gave me so much for such a long time when I was a listener only, and only recently have I discovered that there was an entrance to a meaningful life activity in a exit from something else.

I guess there's not much advice I can give, other than to tell a little of my personal story, but I know for sure that I feel very lucky to have this expressive opportunity and that there is very little that could move me from this path.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I often feel guilty about spending so much time immersed in music, when i could perhaps be doing something more constructive... its a kind of selfish pursuit in some ways....

Obviously, if your able to make tracks that other people find connection with, its different, but i dont really think 'yeh loads of ppl will love this'... its all about me!

:cry: