Seriously.. the weather?

- open
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

regardless of whether or not global warming is caused by us, i still think its a good idea to try and reduce our impact on the earth. use less resources, eat less, party more !haha

i hate those bullshit arguments like, "well maybe we are not responsible" well who cares ! being wasteful isnt a good quality to have anyway... lets try and improve our earth and the way life is done here
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

worst winter we've had in years here in Indiana... not really going to debate the global warming issue.. after all everyone bitching about this on this board is on computers :idea:
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

vermi wrote:stop complaining about dont having snow. if you want some, you can get the fucking snow we have up here.

about the weather,its fucking unstable here as well.
one day snow, the next rain, the one after that nothing but -15C ==> very icy
and it continues like that, so now we got like x layers of ice / snow that never melts away.

sometimes i wish that norway was like southern spain, coldest @ +10/15, never snow, etc.aaaah, would have been perfect! 8)
Do you also want Norway to be like southern Spain in the summers? when the temperatur is hitting +45 degrees and people are dying from the heat?
I love Spain, but not in the summers.

Btw. Im not complaining too much, i just hink things are seriously wrong. But hey.. the temperature says +10 outside my window right now, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. Let's go out in the great april-weather and enjoy it. :D
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

Marcus Stork wrote: Do you also want Norway to be like southern Spain in the summers? when the temperatur is hitting +45 degrees and people are dying from the heat?
I love Spain, but not in the summers.
that's why i said sometimes ;) +30 is ok, but more than that, and it gets a bit boring if you dont live near a beach.
Btw. Im not complaining too much, i just hink things are seriously wrong. But hey.. the temperature says +10 outside my window right now, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. Let's go out in the great april-weather and enjoy it. :D
same weather here, but since it snowed about 30cm only yesterday, we got the additional snow thats melting into crap. just wish it could either stay snowy, or dry with no snow at all. this back-and-forth cycle pisses me off :evil:
Narcisse2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Narcisse2 »

Saying "it is not the human's fault, we are not responsible, it is exagerated, its normal" is the most stupid attitude towards global warming.

A whole bunch of countries and international organizations did say that we have a responsibility. These groups don't have any interest in saying, but they say it anyways.

At least be honest and just say you dont care.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

In London we don't have winter or summer. Some times out side of London it get below 0.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

tone-def wrote:In London we don't have winter or summer. Some times out side of London it get below 0.
i love london, it's such a funky place.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

found something worth posting here...

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2007/04/14.html

Recap

Global Warming
Art welcomed leading climate science researcher Brenda Ekwurzel, who addressed global warming, what's really going on with the climate, and what can be done about it.

According to Ekwurzel, man has contributed significantly to global warming by pouring an "unprecedented level of heat-trapping gases [into] our atmosphere." We're driving the climate more than natural cycles or the sun, she explained, pointing to the recent Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report which suggested more than 50% of the observed increase in globally averaged temperature was due to man.

If global warming continues unabated, Ekwurzel warned, we could expect the continued melting of inland glaciers and the Arctic sea ice, which she said were disappearing at a rate "way beyond the natural variability." The sea levels will rise, she continued, making coastal areas more likely to experience devastating storm surges and overtaking some islands entirely.

To avoid reaching the tipping point, Ekwurzel said we must prevent the global average temperature from increasing more than 2 degrees Fahrenheit. However, even if we could turn the curve around within the next decade, she cautioned, the climate would not change instantly. We'd still have to adapt to what we've already done to the environment, she said.