How much do you pay to have a roof over your head.....

- open
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Marcus Stork wrote:Last year someone bought a 9 sqm apartment in central stockholm for 100.000 euros. Thats totaly fucked up!
HAHAHA can you even call that an apartment?
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

probably some geezer who took his minimal fixation a step too far...

anyway, I think peopkle in the UK and in NYC, now those people can really complain with good reason about the prices. We have been looking into prices of real estate in or near NYC for very long, and it's just crazy.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Seriously tho. A double bed is 4 sq meters! Thats half the apartment and what about the toilet, kitchen and shower? Lol i would love to see it :D
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

850$CAN for a 5 room and a Bathroom. + internet (45$) + electricity (110$) + TV (45$) near downtown Montreal.

Thank god i have a roommate!
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

^^Remember how cheap it was 10-12 years ago? Those were the days.

Damn! Yurrup is costly aye?

Me and the flatmate split 595$ (that's what? 300 euros?) for a seven-room appartment . We live right in the middle of the Plateau in Montreal, a hip place turned into a yuppie-town over the years.

My roommate has been living here for a long time so that's why the rent didn't go up. It could easily be twice as much. Easily... and it would still be kinda cheap. We're very lucky.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

thom wrote:^^Remember how cheap it was 10-12 years ago? Those were the days.

Me and the flatmate split 595$ (that's what? 300 euros?) for a seven-room appartment . We live right in the middle of the Plateau in Montreal, a hip place turned into a yuppie-town over the years.

My roommate has been living here for a long time so that's why the rent didn't go up. It could easily be twice as much. Easily... and it would still be kinda cheap. We're very lucky.
sounds like a good deal :)
btw, are there no laws that allows the people who owns the flat to adjust the monthly price by some % depending on the economic situation of the country?

at least something like that here in norway, so the owner can't be that ripped off, though it's only small percentages (i.e 4% increase per year max) - or something like that.
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

thom wrote:^^Remember how cheap it was 10-12 years ago? Those were the days.

595$ for a 7 1/2 in plateau? wtf? Are you sure you didnt forgot to put the "1" in front of 595? :D
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

damn, I should move to Canada. But I'm scared of bears.