Post by hydrogen »

I'm a synthesizer! :D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i'm a synthesizer to, but its purely a matter of taste.
mixing synthesis with sampling does give you more options, theres no argument there, personally i prefer not to use those options, i like the purity of synthesis and creating my own sounds from raw waveforms, sampling just doesnt do it for me. in the same way i wouldnt say use an electric guitar in my music. you chose your tools and instruments and do your thing, no-one is right or wrong.
if you're say a violinist, you might never play any other instrument in your life, you're in love with the sound and feel of the violin, you chose not to use other options. i'm the same with synthesis.
jeez i went off on one there, sorry.
souls
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by souls »

thanks for your replies !
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

ec50 wrote:flaming is gay - but so is not searching the forum for your query before posting it... but flaming is more gay (s.k.)
thank you for that genious gayness comparison chart. i like the way your brain is pre-patched.

to the rest who have no problem of maintaining an adult conversation here i want to explain that by "synthesis, synthesis and only synthesis" i dont mean i support exclusive synthesizing of all percussion (let alone all sound), but i simply mean that i am spending most of my time on synthesizing the basic and most important sounds in a track, and then i could care less if i sample a snare or a hat. not either saying this is teh right way im just ansering the OP's question "How do you do it".
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

s.k. wrote:
thank you for that genious gayness comparison chart. i like the way your brain is pre-patched.
lol - obviously i have the spelling patch... genius...

as for the rest of your comment you certainly did give the impression that it is "synthesis, synthesis and only synthesis" for you and your percussion - as the op's question was specifically about drums and that was your answer.

so don't retract your statement and then insinuate I am not capable of 'maintaining an adult conversation'.

please let this be the end of it - this is a forum about music - lets keep it that way.
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

ec50 wrote:
s.k. wrote:
lol - obviously i have the spelling patch... genius...
what are you an english teacher now? i will retract my statements as much as i want to, but whats that to you anyway. i just answered the thread and you were the one being picky. take care