mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

Vinyl only.
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

99.8 % vinyl and the odd track (unreleased stuff from friends) from cd.
at home only vinyl.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

I recently made the jump from vinyl only to Traktor Scratch. So lately, it's been about 80% digital & 20% vinyl.. But then again, it's still a new toy to me so I think it'll probably slim down again & be about 60% digital & 40% vinyl as time goes on.

Honestly, if I could, I'd be strictly vinyl. But here in the US, vinyl is very expensive & more & more of the music I play is becoming Digital Only..

I try to buy the stuff I really like on vinyl but I'll settle for the digital version if it's difficult to find, really expensive, or the only way to get it.

But I still buy a substantial amount of wax.. But only my favorite artists & labels unless the entire 12" is solid. The beauty of digital is that I don't have to spend so much money for 1 track anymore.. If the rest of the release is junk, I'm sticking to the digital version so I can buy just the track I need.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

v404 wrote:I recently made the jump from vinyl only to Traktor Scratch. So lately, it's been about 80% digital & 20% vinyl.. But then again, it's still a new toy to me so I think it'll probably slim down again & be about 60% digital & 40% vinyl as time goes on.

Honestly, if I could, I'd be strictly vinyl. But here in the US, vinyl is very expensive & more & more of the music I play is becoming Digital Only..

I try to buy the stuff I really like on vinyl but I'll settle for the digital version if it's difficult to find, really expensive, or the only way to get it.

But I still buy a substantial amount of wax.. But only my favorite artists & labels unless the entire 12" is solid. The beauty of digital is that I don't have to spend so much money for 1 track anymore.. If the rest of the release is junk, I'm sticking to the digital version so I can buy just the track I need.
considering the same, buying traktor/fs/serato/whatever, though only for home use so i can cut down on some expenses (buying vinyls where i only like one track as you say).
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

wow so much "vinyl only"

Was 100% vinyl one year ago

95% CD now...

Vinyl are too expensive... 18$ vs 2$... i'm a poor student!

But all my respect to those who only play vinyls...
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

LouisVee wrote:wow so much "vinyl only"

Vinyl are too expensive... 18$ vs 2$... i'm a poor student!
18 dollars? where the fck do they take that crazy amount of money for a record?