mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

why is it that every m_nus thread has to end in a flame war :roll:
huge hefner
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by huge hefner »

antonio_pt wrote:why is it that every m_nus thread has to end in a flame war :roll:
what? you mean it's OVER already?

weak ...... !
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

cause not everybody thinks the same way (thnk god!)
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

'gameover' wrote:cause not everybody thinks the same way (thnk god!)
And thank god not everyone tries to turn a good thing into something bad without ANY reasonable argument at all. ;)
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

look.
the people that used to like the general idea of the label itself, generated by the man himself, don't like this way that minus turned into. (not eeeverybody, but almost) so... that's my point of view since some time now about it.
it's soooo massive the not more "label", just brand, that actually needs soooo much merchandising going everywhere? ok this is about music and here we have another way to merchandise some of it... but... on USB??
w.t.f.!!!??!?!?!?

"""" Artist/Title: V.A. / EXPANSION | contraction
Catalogue No.: M58
Label: MINUS
Format: super slim (credit card like) limited USB-Card with Bonus Tracks
Distribution: M-nus.com
Barcode USB-Card: 881390715855
Release Date USB-Card: DECEMBER 3, 2007
Price USB-Card: ? 39,00
limited USB-Card track listing:
1. Plastikman-Risk Assessment
2. Heartthrob- Roundabout
3. Dubfire- Emissions
4. Gaiser- Mute
5. Marc Houle- Porch
6. Troy Pierce- Oxytocin
7. JPLS- Isolate
8. Tractile- The Eel (Bonus Track)
9. Ambivalent- Lowlights (Bonus Track) """""

me, no fucking way gonna buy this pen drive, 4 some 40 bucks.
i can get myself some 12" 4 that money, no stickers, no free trax, no wagon changin' artists... so please give me a break
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Haha. You people need to take things way less serious.
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [M-nus] free christmas goodies

Post by jpls »

Dantron wrote:
jpls wrote:
Dantron wrote:
slickshoes wrote:right now on the website for m-nus there is some screensavers and ringtones and free mp3stoo!
Any M-nus toilet paper? :oops:
a label that offers free tracks and other things is something you find
disagreeable?
***NOTE TO SELF - NO JOKES IN MINUS THREADS***

:lol:
i guess i expect more from someone who runs a label. i don't know
how funny you would find it if i mentioned using my last siteholder
promo as a coaster.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Hey all.
Happy holidays and so forth.
I don't normally do this but I saw this discussion and thought i'd jump in and say a couple things.

Some artists (musicians, visual artists, whatever..) took some time out of their schedules to put some nice little digital treats together for you. We did this because we thought it would be fun and a nice way to give the fans a little something to use with the new toys they may have received as a gift over the holidays. They're there for you to grab and enjoy. That's all we wanted/expected here. Nothing less and nothing more.

On a personal note, I could care less what people think of my own contributions here or elsewhere. I'm in this because I enjoy it. (music, that is, and the related territory). It's my intent to do things I enjoy doing and it just so happens that a lot of people enjoy the same things, which is reward in itself. I do not, however, particularly enjoy a lot of the sort of banter I've been reading here. I'm not talking about legitimate criticism and jokes and things.. these are all important. There is something wrong, however, when people somehow get offended and worked up because...people offered them something as a gift/freebie. The people that put these downloads together are my friends and it pisses me off a bit that people can be so jaded and whatnot that it actually upsets them when certain people do things for our sort of global community.
It's not just this holiday giveaway either. I think I read a post somewhere here awhile back where people were actually criticizing a top ten chart of Richie's. It was definitely a "WHAT THE HELL!???" moment for me. Isn't a chart just a list of some tracks people are enjoying at the time? Why do people feel the need to analyze/criticize/highlight/dehighlight/whatever for every little thing some of these folks do?

Rhetorical questions, really.

It's weird that the handful of people who cry "hype" and "elitism" and things are always so hypocritical. People that through their actions and words live out the very things they criticize some of us being like/doing.

I don't mean to rant here, and I don't expect anyone to change their views or tastes or anything. Not my objective here. All I ask is that the few of you that this applies to... have some respect!

In regards to the topic at hand, a few people hit the nail on the head already. Have some fun, enjoy things in life for what they are and stop taking everything so seriously!

-Adam Young
'gameover' wrote:look.
the people that used to like the general idea of the label itself, generated by the man himself, don't like this way that minus turned into. (not eeeverybody, but almost) so... that's my point of view since some time now about it.
it's soooo massive the not more "label", just brand, that actually needs soooo much merchandising going everywhere? ok this is about music and here we have another way to merchandise some of it... but... on USB??
w.t.f.!!!??!?!?!?

"""" Artist/Title: V.A. / EXPANSION | contraction
Catalogue No.: M58
Label: MINUS
Format: super slim (credit card like) limited USB-Card with Bonus Tracks
Distribution: M-nus.com
Barcode USB-Card: 881390715855
Release Date USB-Card: DECEMBER 3, 2007
Price USB-Card: ? 39,00
limited USB-Card track listing:
1. Plastikman-Risk Assessment
2. Heartthrob- Roundabout
3. Dubfire- Emissions
4. Gaiser- Mute
5. Marc Houle- Porch
6. Troy Pierce- Oxytocin
7. JPLS- Isolate
8. Tractile- The Eel (Bonus Track)
9. Ambivalent- Lowlights (Bonus Track) """""

me, no fucking way gonna buy this pen drive, 4 some 40 bucks.
i can get myself some 12" 4 that money, no stickers, no free trax, no wagon changin' artists... so please give me a break
I can't figure out if it's the technology that makes you mad here or if you just want to get upset everytime we do something for some reason. how/why the USB card somehow changes the meaning of what Minus is to you is beyond me. These USB things are just plain cool and something we wanted to do. If you didn't want one, who cares. A lot of people did.

Sorry, too, that you're so pissed off that a few people enjoy what our friends do. Or 'hype' i think was the word you used.