serato/ NI traktor scratch/final scratch ???

- ask away
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

i guessi must be one of thse ver very disappointed NI users.
I had bought FinaScratch2 right when it came out, and used it for about 2 years. But the lack of updates, the fact that we had to pay for them as well trew me back. the CPU use were also dramatic on my PowerBook 17" 1GhzG4, even though Ihad 1.5 Gb of RAM. Now I'm running Serato on the same machine, and it's doing far better no matter what people could say. But maybe it's gotten better, who knows?
I might have another try at it, as you all seem so convinced it's great. :roll:
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

you need to make sure people that are complaining about traktor have actually used traktor scratch & not final scratch!!

people often get them confused!!

It sounds to me as TRAKTOR scratch is your best option.

I havn't used it & I have serato so I cannot comment really on which is better! Serato will be getting updated soon I think they're adding Midi & sampling features, maybe it'd b best to wait till they update before you make a decision.
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Opuswerk wrote:But maybe it's gotten better, who knows?
I might have another try at it, as you all seem so convinced it's great. :roll:
I think the problem is that many people seem to think that Traktor Scratch is the same as Final Scratch (aka Final Crash ;) ). Different hardware, different software, no more Stanton in the product...
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

and don't forget the trolls from the SSL forum, hehehe

seriously, if you don't take care of your system you will have crashes with both TS and SSL on both mac and pc. invest some time to look through the manual, optimize, keep clean and you will run flawlessly. played a 5 hour set at a local club last saturday and TS performed nicely ..