THOR!the new synth of reason is pro for minimal sound?

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

if u rewire the synths(I guess not using the reason mixer) to some other host, then it'll use the host's sound engine.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Robot Criminal wrote:if u rewire the synths(I guess not using the reason mixer) to some other host, then it'll use the host's sound engine.
This is the only way to use reason in my opinion. WTF is up with makeing a program with no vst support?
digital19
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by digital19 »

Yeah.. it would be for nice eq plugins not available within reason.

In my own personal case I have a UAD card which I love.

It is generally speaking a pain to rewire.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

victorgonzales wrote:This is the only way to use reason in my opinion. WTF is up with makeing a program with no vst support?
to make your life easier and far more productive than skimming thru a zillion of synth presets.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

plaster wrote:
victorgonzales wrote:This is the only way to use reason in my opinion. WTF is up with makeing a program with no vst support?
to make your life easier and far more productive than skimming thru a zillion of synth presets.
I suppose for a beginner. I just pick a synth I feel like using and make the sound though. Presets ussually suck.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

if u cant make a proper tune in reason because of some supposed limitations, id not put the blame on reason and more on your own lack of creativity
signatures suck
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

victorgonzales wrote:
plaster wrote:
I suppose for a beginner. I just pick a synth I feel like using and make the sound though. Presets ussually suck.
you'd be surprised how beginner producers work their way faster with less synths to choose from than someone with 8 of their classy ones which they know how to use only by patch browser. if i was to ask you, why do you have more than 2 vst synths, what would your answer be?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

plaster wrote:
victorgonzales wrote:
plaster wrote:
you'd be surprised how beginner producers work their way faster with less synths to choose from than someone with 8 of their classy ones which they know how to use only by patch browser. if i was to ask you, why do you have more than 2 vst synths, what would your answer be?
Not mainly because of the synth itself. My favorite synths hadifferen't effects that I think sound good for manipulating the note. just depends on what type of instrument I want to make. If I plan on just using a basic soundwave Ill just use any synth. Also I have my favorite effect vsts that I couldn't use in reason. I haven't really used reason enough to say their effects are crap but I have my favorite filters and reverbs that I wouldn't be able to use.

So I guess for a beginner it might be better not to have options if they are to learn how a synth works.