[perlon 64] cassy - nil desperandum

- wax
Peter_James
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Peter_James »

beepee wrote:i couldn't agree more. perlon is basically the most impressive label in forward leaning dance music right now, and it's been in that position since, oh about 50 releases ago, when superlongevity 1 came out and set the stage for the following DECADE of fresh, minimal. deep house and techno. i feel compelled to note the degree to which so many people on this forum have been slamming recent releases, or scratching their heads asking "huh? what happened?" as if perlon suddenly lost the "how to" manual on trendsetting.

if you ask me, what's amazing about this label is the fact that you can listen to (and even better, play out!) pretty much anything from the perlon catalogue since its first release up to the newest ones, and they sound right on the money. it's a testament to the quality of selection that zip puts into picking releases, and to the types of artists releasing on this label - those who always manage to keep sight of their purpose in producing music and contributing positively to the communities and principles that first inspired them to identify with underground dance music. it's also due to the fact that its artists resist the urge to overpromote and hype what they do and how they do it - they let the music take care of that.
agree on that
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Perlon is to dance, what water is to life.

.. Essential!