Your Favourite Vst's for Bass?

- ask away
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

for clean bass fm synthesis definetly rules the roost for me. operator is probably my favorite for this, mostly because i have used it for so long that it is really intuitive for me to use. but for the dirty stuff you really can't beat a 101, pro-1 or ms-20 they are just so damn grimey.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

hydrogen wrote:
s.k. wrote: its called phase beating, and you dont wanna get rid of it, for its the key to strong basslines.
Actually I get this problem a lot... I've resampled the parts that have the strongest points and loop those. Sometimes a bassline will totally kill itself and that sucks.
you dont loop it. you mix one waveform with another, so where the first one has valleys, the second one has peaks. ok thats enough secret giveaway. :lol:

edit: maybe more when im on drugs the next time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AXS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by AXS »

nobody using microtonic? wicked stuff-
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

AXS wrote:nobody using microtonic? wicked stuff-
Yes pitched toms! Love the patterning bit too cuz im lazy :lol:
inut
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by inut »

albino....
glasser
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

d16 group

Post by glasser »

I'm kind of a throwback artist, so if it sounds like a Roland-303 it's a bassline. for this d16 Phosycon kicks ass. The nepheton is good for 808 kick/tom sounds, before that I was just using samples. Massive always crashes on my computer and I always found it too tempting to use the ready-made patchery. keep it simple and stick to stripped down synths/bass freqs?
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

s.k. wrote:
hydrogen wrote:
s.k. wrote: its called phase beating, and you dont wanna get rid of it, for its the key to strong basslines.
Actually I get this problem a lot... I've resampled the parts that have the strongest points and loop those. Sometimes a bassline will totally kill itself and that sucks.
you dont loop it. you mix one waveform with another, so where the first one has valleys, the second one has peaks. ok thats enough secret giveaway. :lol:

smart guy.. I don't know why I never thought of that.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

s.k. wrote:
hydrogen wrote:

hmmm, intersting..... i :lol: