your favorite club ever ?!?

- open
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Simons - Gainesville, FL ('circa '93-'96)

Think Fabric with no closing time! Same sort of set-up...multiple rooms, playing everything from house, progressive, techno, dnb, trance, etc. With acid jazz being played on the rooftop.

This was the type of club in which a family atmosphere exuded. A club where you would always leave with more friends than you came there with. A venue that would bring out the very best in each dj. In addition, being owned by a dj/music lover who's not out just to make $$$ but actually cares about the music & the people that frequents his venue is nothing short of special.

Basically, a no bullsh#t club, very dark, seedy, cavernous....ALL SOUND! :wink:
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

what about arena club in berlin?!
i love that place... :oops:
prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

Der geile Ami wrote:I might be nostalgic, because the club was the first for me in so many different ways, but twilo in nyc. First proper club, first pill, first kiss, first club job, etc, but the design of hte club, sound system, lights, and crowd was quite often simply amazing. Most large clubs experiences have suffered in the vibe dept for me, but there were quite some memorable night, and that palce closed over 6 years ago. Of course, the vibe and music was also quite often horrible, but the physical space was perfect.

Also up there was the beatstreet location on hasenheide in berlin. It was only every other sunday for less than 6 months, but still amazing for what we pulled off.

I have worked for a lot of clubs and promoters, and these stood above everything else. Admittedly, I am completely biased, but I think Arena Club can develop to such legendary status.
Speaking of which - it's still vacation time for Arena right? Do you know when it will reopen?
TiEZ
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TiEZ »

sometimes: robertjohnson, dachkantine, bogen13, pudelclub

i do not like cellar clubs, except small ones.
LewisO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by LewisO »

Panorama bar for me. Was totally blown away the first time I went. Fabric comes a close second.

Surprised anyone hasn't mentioned DC10 yet!
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Club der Visionnäre & Harry Klein.

I'd add Fabric but I never played... would love to. Same for Lux in Lisboa.

Favorite crowd: Swiss & the Boulder people (Colorado, US)... Detroit, Chicago and NYC are not far behind.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

prenzlauer wrote: Speaking of which - it's still vacation time for Arena right? Do you know when it will reopen?
6th of October.
freeeeeee
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Gatecrasher all the way. pvd for life.