- open
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: politics of acquiring unreleased music

Post by stevësto »

pizzamon wrote:
stevësto wrote:
pheek wrote: Do you feel better now that you shared your point of view?
then i could say the same to you: you are saying your point of view to feel better about hiding the truth you know deep inside. the truth that at some point early in your dj/whatever career, you did the same thing too.
I remember pheek when he was not a name. He was in the right place, at the right time, and surrounded himself with inspirational people who where the record makers of that period (and still are). He had no need to act the way you are acting. He worked at it a long time. Not as long some, but he is still going strong.
when you quoted me you left out the part where i said "i dont know that for a fact, you personally" and that i was saying that in general to all producers.
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

dsat wrote:i shared some unreleased stuff a while back, with a limited number of people.... 2 weeks later it was on the p2p, we didn't release the vinyl as a result
im asking because i honestly dont know much about this scene: does anyone think its feasible to release promos only on vinyl? this would be the "fence" to protect your "chickens". perhaps this is something that could help keep vinyl alive (ive read minimal the genre itself has a lot to do with why vinyl is still around today, because of the intense focus/attention to detail to each tiny sound, it lends itself to the sound characteristics of the medium)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

stevësto wrote:
dsat wrote:i shared some unreleased stuff a while back, with a limited number of people.... 2 weeks later it was on the p2p, we didn't release the vinyl as a result
(ive read minimal the genre itself has a lot to do with why vinyl is still around today, because of the intense focus/attention to detail to each tiny sound, it lends itself to the sound characteristics of the medium)
:?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

stevësto wrote: (ive read minimal the genre itself has a lot to do with why vinyl is still around today, because of the intense focus/attention to detail to each tiny sound, it lends itself to the sound characteristics of the medium)
this is ridiculous...
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

People should really do their homework........
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

this thread is dumb. If you can get it legit play it. If you can't than don't.

How can you have pride in stolen music?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

before (legal) ports like beatport.... the only way for (many people) would be to get something was to download it..

playing it out perhaps... but making a living off stolen files ..... is crossing the line and is a bit much in my opinion..

I think people can smell someone who is faking it... and if a dj/artist wants to carry himself that way.. well that is their personal choice. .. however.. isn't that just the same if someone went and bought the same ep due to hearing it the week before .. [?] or two good friends swapping files.. [?]

in the end it's all about the artist.. ... so to say if even more and more people are out ....playing a track / creating a buzz for it / about it / or directed at the entire minimal movement in general and as a whole.... the track get's heard... ..it catches the ears of a LOYAL fan...

then your still creating a buzz for the artist which can lead to sales eventually..

it's catch 22.. but in the end the dj/artist is only as good as their loyalty to the game..
Last edited by John Clees on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Michael^Heaven »

victorgonzales wrote:If you can get it legit play it. If you can't than don't.

How can you have pride in stolen music?
+1