Music overdose

- open
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

whatever wrote:i stopped watching new music long time ago. my interest is almost totally on the old stuf. i'm sure i'm missing some goodies, but old records are the most important thing to me right now.
I like this. You are going to come across timeless and interesting releases. Not all new stuff is bad, it's just that if it's good, it will find it's way to you.
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

whatever wrote:i stopped watching new music long time ago. my interest is almost totally on the old stuf. i'm sure i'm missing some goodies, but old records are the most important thing to me right now.
oh yes..me too!! for the last 3 or 4 months ive been digging around to find some of the most amazing stuff ive missed out on. ive been digging around lots of oldskool detroit and chicago house/techno. there is so much inspiring music! i'd say ive been buying 10% new stuff and 90% old stuff for quite a while now.
BOKAL RECORDS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BOKAL RECORDS »

to all the peepz who are going digital and dig old minimalisme, currently they are busy putting on the entire Ferox backcatalogue on Beatport. 90's minimalisme at his best!
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

also i have a great love for all things dubby at the moment. from straight up dub, to the more experimental dubstep/techno through to straight up dub techno. The spaced out vibes and echo/delays sound so alive! 'CV313 - Dimensional Space' i'm in love with this sound!
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

BOKAL RECORDS wrote:to all the peepz who are going digital and dig old minimalisme, currently they are busy putting on the entire Ferox backcatalogue on Beatport. 90's minimalisme at his best!
yes indeed, already saw it. great move! :)
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

pizzamon wrote:In fact, I have more to say here. I don't care who has the biggest boom. I don't care who is the most flashy. I don't care who gets the most attention, and in short, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Guys and gals are throwing sht out there just because it's there. There used to be intelligence behind the music. I have been collecting releases, and in the scene for what seems like a lifetime. I'm old enough to feel very uncomfortable at parties now, and I've seen it's evolution. The computer is not the answer, it's the human behind it. I used to be able to connect with the artists, now I just see empty plastic. copy after copy, just for the sake of attention. Ninety percent of the artists are not qualified as artists, they are just there, moping along because they can, wasting time, with no general purpose at all. They don't even know how to play an instrument, or any music theory. They don't know why they are doing what they are doing. Most have given it no thought.
Ok i totally agree. I kinda felt you were talking towards that direction and it's totally how i am too. Especially about not caring regarding biggest hits. Actually, when i see reviews that say "bomb", I avoid.

And regarding oldies, this is such a gold mine. All my favorite djs are people who are always digging in the used records and will buy the weirdest electronic...
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

pizzamon wrote:In fact, I have more to say here. I don't care who has the biggest boom. I don't care who is the most flashy. I don't care who gets the most attention, and in short, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Guys and gals are throwing sht out there just because it's there. There used to be intelligence behind the music. I have been collecting releases, and in the scene for what seems like a lifetime. I'm old enough to feel very uncomfortable at parties now, and I've seen it's evolution. The computer is not the answer, it's the human behind it. I used to be able to connect with the artists, now I just see empty plastic. copy after copy, just for the sake of attention. Ninety percent of the artists are not qualified as artists, they are just there, moping along because they can, wasting time, with no general purpose at all. They don't even know how to play an instrument, or any music theory. They don't know why they are doing what they are doing. Most have given it no thought.

thank you.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

we need more people like you!

my 2 cents... i have no time to listen to everything, so my record shopping is based on randomness and occasionally on dj-efficiency... (i have to sometimes...)
but i like discovering stuff outside the "hype spectrum", music with personality and depth, not market-driven but rather driven by passion
i need more than random shuffles with a 4-4

more than half of my vinyl collection is not even fit for dancefloors... unless i want to clear the dancefloor instantly