mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

bring beer.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

this will be fun, I feel it :D

and Jesse, I will try to find you something... will be hard though since Mutek is not a good time to do off-mutek stuff. :?
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Let it be known -
The other member of Tractile should be present with me because I need him to help lug gear (Ok, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm playing as Direwires this year at the fest). Between the two of us, we will probably have everything we need to perform as Tractile too should anyone be looking for a sexy minimal techno live pa around then
theperfectcyn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by theperfectcyn »

have been to demf a couple of times, this year would like to check out mutek for a change.
any suggestions?
robot revolutions on www.sobroken.com internet radio:
exposing your new, original music
every wednesday 9p-11p pacific
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

I did the same last year. Although I made it to both. MUTEK is a much more enjoyable experience - cleaner, better acts and a little more culture rich.

Montreal is a nicer city than Detroit for pretty much everything. Not that Detroit doesn't have it's charm, but to me that charm is simply having funny stories from the crazy street people, and frankly - Montreal's crazies are crazier anyway. ;)

There are great restaurants every 10 feet, all reasonably priced. The city is beautiful and relatively clean, especially considering it's size and population. All the venues are wonderful and close to each other (within walking distance I believe) and it's nice having seperate venues for things.

I like some things about Detroit though, for instance that because the fest is free and there's so much going on, you don't feel obliged to stay put if you feel like you need a breather from what's going on. MUTEK costs a bit of cash for tickets, and it's totally worth it, but be prepared to be there for the whole show once you get into a venue for an evening.

Just a breif summary of some of my experiences :)
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

adam wrote:...The city is beautiful and relatively clean...
I can say the same about the people... well, Im not tooo sure about the clean part ;) *grin* MMMM Canada's sin city.

suz.aa
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Zsa Zsa wrote:
adam wrote:...The city is beautiful and relatively clean...
I can say the same about the people... well, Im not tooo sure about the clean part ;) *grin* MMMM Canada's sin city.

suz.aa
That IS where WE met isn't it? ;)