How many people...

- ask away
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

steevio wrote: have you ever thought of being a busker ? :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_QIpic5HuXo& ... ed&search=
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I paint cars for money and Produce and dj for fun. I am now running a label so hopefully I can suppliment my income a little in the future but I don't expect to be doing music ONLY.

I think the days of the superstar dj and producer are in the past. With the internet there are now thousands of awesome artists able to release their music and promote themselves .

This makes it very hard to stand out. I really doubt many people will be living off their music if they aren't already. We all missed that ship.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

If you want to make a living in electronic music you need to market to the hiphop and top 40 pop scene. The edm scene has no money in it.
BOKAL RECORDS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BOKAL RECORDS »

victorgonzales wrote:I paint cars for money and Produce and dj for fun. I am now running a label so hopefully I can suppliment my income a little in the future but I don't expect to be doing music ONLY.

I think the days of the superstar dj and producer are in the past. With the internet there are now thousands of awesome artists able to release their music and promote themselves .

This makes it very hard to stand out. I really doubt many people will be living off their music if they aren't already. We all missed that ship.
not true , many upcomming artists who get signed to lables who are giving 100 percent, are making good money, 2 or 3 semi interesting releases and their booking fee rises easyly untill 1000 euro for an ableton live set of 1 hour. for example james holdens fee went from 2004 till 2006 from 750 euro to 5000 euro,

its most definetly still possible to make a living out of music, you just dont have to sound like 34343425685643 other producers out there...
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

lol, you've got to be kidding mate, cant be using holden as an example for a discussion like this. x
BOKAL RECORDS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BOKAL RECORDS »

the average booking fee of minimal producers who are getting released is about 500 euro, just make sure you get booked like 3 à 4 times a month and you're safe.. getting booked is where the money is not releasing only.

all those relatively new producers from the last wave of minimal newbies are making good money, mathias kaden, onur ozer, anja schneider, tim xavier, camea, .... you name it , all relatively new names making a living out of music...

if they can, you should be able to...
BOKAL RECORDS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BOKAL RECORDS »

MarcAshken wrote:lol, you've got to be kidding mate, cant be using holden as an example for a discussion like this. x
ofcours i can, a few years ago he was trying as hard to get where he is now, just like a ton of others here on the forum.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

james is an exeption though mate, he's massive, the guy is at least £1500 a set, throws border community parties all over the world, he's a superstar. Its a totally different ballgame to the one the rest of us are playing.