M_nus 53 - Nothing Much 2xCDmix by Richie Hawtin/Troy Pierce

- wax
svenlito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by svenlito »

MicrominiKev wrote: ... when there's a Run Stop Restore 20th anniversary reunion tour, we can all moan and point to the time before we'd completely lost the plot.

:lol:

perik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by perik »

brianc wrote:
beepee wrote:i can't really say that i see the point of this...most of these tracks are and have been available for a really long time, m_nus certainly doesn't need the "promotional exposure", blah blah...i'm not trying to bash the label here, i have and have played most all of these tracks at one point or another, the release just seems superfluous to me.
i used to not see the point of things like this, but i've realized that they are really good first steps for people who don't scour all the message boards and maybe don't have all that much exposure to this kind of music. sure, we've all heard these tracks, but there are tons who haven't.

good point!
grave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by grave »

what a boring,pointless cd
grave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by grave »

most of the minus stuff is nothing but fodder. i think hawtin has taken a big step backwards with all this
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

5th of April... still going strong
beat theory
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by beat theory »

I just got the promo flyer for this release today.

The CD will release on April 27th and there will be a minus party on the 28th in Tokyo.
bürokrat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bürokrat »

cd 1 is unmixed
Silky
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Silky »

MicrominiKev wrote:
beepee wrote:i can't really say that i see the point of this...most of these tracks are and have been available for a really long time, m_nus certainly doesn't need the "promotional exposure", blah blah...i'm not trying to bash the label here, i have and have played most all of these tracks at one point or another, the release just seems superfluous to me.
One thing to remember, Ben, is that there are a lot of people who don't buy 12" records, don't download tracks, but who really know these records.

They know the tracks in the context of where and how it's played. I'd almost say this is the better way to experience music. The rest of us know it from "behind the curtain." But if you're actively engaged in presenting music to people, you don't know it the same way they do.

I think it's cool that the label is reaching beyond the fans who would know about tracks a month before it comes out, and engaging listeners beyond the inner circles.

I also don't think it's a bad thing for a label to put a marker down saying "this is where we were in 2007" for posterity. That way, when there's a Run Stop Restore 20th anniversary reunion tour, we can all moan and point to the time before we'd completely lost the plot.

good point, still a pointless cd though

and :lol: :lol: at "Now thats what i call minimal vol 1". so true