Which Soundcard (producing maybe also for playing live)

- ask away
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

aallvor wrote:
diefenwald wrote::shock:

no but i use internet ... and the technical information on this soundcard sounds great 8)
A friend of mine bought the Traveller for recording his band, and is very happy with it. But beware, Motu are infamous for not always getting it right with regards to their Pc drivers. I'm not saying it's instable (my friend hasn't experienced any problems), but with Mac, driver stability is almost a non-issue. Just something to keep in mind when you're doing your research...
DO IT!!! :D
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

Brian Ffar wrote:
aallvor wrote:
diefenwald wrote::shock:

no but i use internet ... and the technical information on this soundcard sounds great 8)
A friend of mine bought the Traveller for recording his band, and is very happy with it. But beware, Motu are infamous for not always getting it right with regards to their Pc drivers. I'm not saying it's instable (my friend hasn't experienced any problems), but with Mac, driver stability is almost a non-issue. Just something to keep in mind when you're doing your research...
If you're going to use MOTU w/ PC, you MUST make sure that your firewire card uses a Texas Instruments chipset. Otherwise, it won't work. After a little bit of tweaking, my Ultralite works like a charm, and sounds great.
Good to know - I see an Ultralite on my desk in the not too distant future :)
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I love my MOTU Ultra-lite :shock: 8) :lol:
err_eur
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by err_eur »

i love my ultralite as well. RME is a notch above, but for about double the price. I also recommend the EMU interfaces, the 1616M or the new USB 2.0 0202 and 0404 are really nice for a good price, I really love the EMU sound.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

i hate my m audio 410. the worst drivers. infact, i wouldn't suggest m audio interfaces for anyone on a mac. I bought this a few years ago along with some bx 8s before i had any idea how bad m audio is. the bx8s suck also. my krk 5s sound way better. but i can say that i love my m-audio keyboards. the axium is quality. for a sound card for both live and studio i'd go motu travler or ultra light. cant go wrong there.
Pinio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pinio »

I've just bought EMU 2020 USB for 130Eu. It'll come at friday so I can't say more right now.
suck_my_acid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by suck_my_acid »

what about creamware for producing?
Decepto
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Decepto »

The EMU 1616m is probably the best card for laptop users (given that you have PCMCIA slot).