Jay Haze interview on RA

- open
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

well, i don't like jay's music in general, nor do i think he's a nice guy, but i appreciate it when people say what they think. it might be 'not done' or politically incorrect, but eventually both parties get further in this way. i wished there were more people like him in the scene (it's entertaining too :D

i see there's even a topic about it on the new minus site :lol:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

2nd part is online...
this is really really great, I love it!

8)
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

patrick bateman wrote:2nd part is online...
this is really really great, I love it!

8)
indeed!
Matt du Jardin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Matt du Jardin »

Nice interview :lol:
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by be~~ »

he could be the new poster boy for the minimal (m_nus) backlash
::: b a r e m :::
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ::: b a r e m ::: »

I love the first contexterriors, and the first tunning sporks (where from what i know there was more people working) since a long time ago... I don't really like most the music that came afterwards... not my thing, but he's an excellent artist and a great producer...

My point is that great artists (except from writers of course) should talk with their art and not with their words, because there's not too many listeners that can separate one thing from the other (including myself)... this means that many people that liked jay's music, may not like it anymore by reading something like this... and people who hate on successful labels or artists just because they are successful will like it more, or even discover his music for the first time.

so which kind of listeners do we want? and... do we want our words to make more noise than our music?

I also don't see the point of mentioning that he was homeless or a drug dealer on every single interview... Argentina is tough too, you know? everyday I have starving people who decided not to be criminals ringing my bell asking for food and I try to help them, and I also deal with all this injustice in my brain for the rest of the day... I never think I'm a better person for helping though... I could always do more... and I don't need to talk about that on an interview... when you're a musician, the interviews are about music :!:
It doesn't matter if we were born in a nice house with a nice family or if we were born in the streets when it comes to making music. Our music will have soul if we put soul on it regardless where we come from.

so let's talk with the music... and if we wanna read, there's tons of writers that know how to tell the truth ABOUT IMPORTANT THINGS with words. without showing weakness.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

You couldn't have put it better. I agree 100%.
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

Zinthek wrote:You couldn't have put it better. I agree 100%.
I second that
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com