[Cadenza 14] Digitaline - Anticlockwise 2x12"

- wax
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

patrick bateman wrote:
pheek wrote:Could be weak for YOU but be awesome for 500 others. There's a lot of labels that I dont like their music and think have "weak" releases, but theres 1000 other people that says the opposite. It's a matter of tastes.
A lot of people seems to see labels as Football clubs who performs or not... it's art, nothing to do with trophees and such. :wink:
But, if you follow a label, and a label sticks to a sound that doesn't change much, then there can be releases that are still within this sound, but are weaker releases, and maybe also sells less, see what I mean?

Of course it's a matter of taste, but it's also wrong to say that a label doesn't have weak releases IMO.
My problem here is the use of terms. To me, there's weak production: poor techniques, bad sounding record, bad mastering, etc. But i don't believe sales or tastes are an indication if the record is "weak" or not when we're refering to the music itself. I totally understand you Patrick, It's just when I see people say the release was weak, I'd think it'd be more appropriate to say "i dont like it." But this is only choice of words, not a big deal anyway. :wink:
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

jp, kenneth, I think you should sort this out in a dj battle!!! and get really drunk while you're battling, ahah ;)

any promoters around here?????????
Pompelmoessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Pompelmoessap »

cyhl wrote:jp, kenneth, I think you should sort this out in a dj battle!!! and get really drunk while you're battling, ahah ;)

:twisted: :twisted:
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

cyhl wrote:jp, kenneth, I think you should sort this out in a dj battle!!! and get really drunk while you're battling, ahah ;)

I'm no match for Patrick, he would won easily :cry:
My liver doesnt let me deal with alcool.

But i can take on him with other stuff like magic mushrooms. Yeah, shroooooms! :P
adelaideperson
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adelaideperson »

:lol:

i'm hanging out for this release!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

pheek wrote: My problem here is the use of terms. To me, there's weak production: poor techniques, bad sounding record, bad mastering, etc. But i don't believe sales or tastes are an indication if the record is "weak" or not when we're refering to the music itself. I totally understand you Patrick, It's just when I see people say the release was weak, I'd think it'd be more appropriate to say "i dont like it." But this is only choice of words, not a big deal anyway. :wink:
True, I actually think we agree :D
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

pheek wrote:

I'm no match for Patrick, he would won easily :cry:
My liver doesnt let me deal with alcool.

But i can take on him with other stuff like magic mushrooms. Yeah, shroooooms! :P
I can do all both alcohol and mushrooms (even though it's been some years since last time)....
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

pheek, the quote you referred to in the first place, ended with the words 'in my opinion'. i think that makes it clear, unless you wanna be picky or sth.