Pioneer DJM 800 vs. A+H Xone 92

- ask away
filthypitcher
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by filthypitcher »

provaznik wrote:ok sorry the last post was a bit antagonistic and bitchy. umm to the original poster- neither is a bad choice, its more of a personal preference type thing.
LOL ,apology accepted.
Euterke
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Euterke »

I'm a big fan of A&H since I got a xone:62 back in time.

I had the xone:92 for the last 2 years and last summer I grab the DJM-800 for the midi implementation with not big expectation on the soundside.

I saw James Holden playing on the big DJM-1000 and I was wondering... ouch DJM series are so bad how can a dj like him ask to play on that?

OMG... with the DJM-800.. same engine of the 1000, the 24bit converter in it are really good. In fact... side by side the DJM-800 eat the Xone:92

Small comparaison chart to consider, because both mixer are great :

EQ 4bands for the xone instead of 3 bands for the DJM.

When you kill all the frequency, you can still hear sound on the xone:92... not on the DJM.

Tunning mix possibilities with the tuner function on the DJM-800 (not perfect, but quite interesting).

32bits fx with automatic and precise bpm counter for the DJM

BandPass and Notch filter on each mixer, but the xone as an tap tempo LFO + resonance on it .

When you cue with filter fx active on the DJM 800 you hear what you get.. not on the xone:92

2 Fx send for the Xone:92 and 1 for the DJM

You can chain 2 fx at a time on input line for the DJM... nothiing for the Xone:92

Midi control are x,y (filter nobs) + x-fade compare to everything on the DJM-800 (nearly 61 parameter)

So keep in mind, it only depends of your needs and what you want to achieve with your mixe. For my djset, I like to built and play like mudds with the tracks... that why I decide to sell the xone:92
.:: : .зцtзякз. : ::.
.:: : .Check My Space. : ::.
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

I heard a lot of people who tested the DJM 800 and said it sounded at least as good as the xone:92

Even people who hated the DJM600 (me too btw) said that it's way better than the stuff pioneer produced in the past.

I use a xone:32 and am happy with it :wink:

Build your own opinion!
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Im in same situation really. Ive got a DJM600 at the moment. Had it about 2yrs. It pisses me off in so many ways, makes the music sound cold blah blah but yeh, Im looking at xone 92 or the 800. I was always going for the xone until Ive noticed alot of these posts about these two mixers so its knocked me off guard now. I think the only way for me to decide is to buy one of them and take it back before the 14day trial period and then do the same with the other one. The xone mixer does look sexyier though :D
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

I've also had my DJM600 for a couple years, it's lasted well, never had any problems with it.
Even when it was confiscated by the authorities for noise violation at my rooftop party...

I have noticed channel bleed at extremely loud levels, usually only when I'm overdriving a synth signal through it for distortion.
[ not while mixing records at a normal club volume, are you crazy!?]
Also an occasional buzz when on a different power supply than the PA's amps.

I can't stand the EQ's on it however, it seems like they are all mid range, and muddy at that.

I'll check out the DJM1000 and Xone, next time I'm out at the music shop.

this is really what I want!
Straight off a Cold War Submarine!!
and they make a Valve / Tube version!
http://www.allen-heath.com/us/DisplayPr ... p?pview=38

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
scorchio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by scorchio »

i've tested Xone:92 several times, the sound quality (EQs, filters) is amazing... i would buy it if I could
want to know me? ask...
blog in Hungarian: http://scorchio.freeblog.hu
I love my Fatar, that's the way I am
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

ive had the xone 92 for over 8 months now and i can safely say its the best piece of dj equipment ive ever brought. i wouldnt swap it for any other mixer, other than another xone :wink:
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I've used the xone:92, xone:62 and DJM800. the sound quality of the xone:62 is actully better than the xone:92. So if thats whats important to you buy the xone:62. DJM800 is much more fun with all the effects and sound quality isn't far off. Also i think if you use A + H all the time it makes it harder if you have to play on a different mixer because the headphone que is so different. you can't hear EQ settings in the headphones with the A + H.