mnml newbie

Post by Llydo »

I am used to use a bitcrucher (bit reducer) for snares
That works for a kind of areal sound
lil' jerk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lil' jerk »

provaznik wrote:so... what does everyone think?
i think i might go to sleep early tonight... i mean, sure i could stay up a few more hours, but realistically it'd be much better if i go to sleep now and get up early...

hey i just found 5$..... think I might buy some candy tomorrow. wasn't gonna originally but i want to use this lil' extra i found tonight... what a treat

wonder what kind of candy i'll buy.. i could get sour kids or monster truck wheels.. but they bother my tongue, i don't want that... maybe i'll get some swedish fish.. yeah umona get some swedish fish i just love them little fishes..
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

what does "minimal drums" mean? people also post on here asking about "minimal basslines" and other things.

i like the current state of techno because it doesn't seem to be limited by things like what you are asking about. people seem to be going in many directions with it. if a "minimal" sound is defined the same thing might happen to our genre of choice that has happened to dnb. there is definitely and unfortunately a "dnb" drum sound and a "dnb" bass sound. that is why the genre has fallen flat on it's face and not progressed for years. i hope the same doesn't happen to contemporary techno.

what i mean, which i could have said much simpler, is... why do you want your drums to sound like "minimal" as you say? what do YOU like? make YOUR drums sound how YOU want. if you want your drums to sounds like other's drums just cut samples from the first and last bars of popular tracks.
bodysong
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bodysong »

point is you need to know HOW to use your tool. and this is the only way to make drums sound as you want them to sound.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

skept wrote:that is why the genre has fallen flat on it's face and not progressed for years.
well i'm no dnb head but I must say it has progressed as sht. not to my liking though. listen to new fresh (EIB) for an example. Thats imo some rly fucked up trance music with a twist or i don't know...

totally agree on making YOUR OWN sounds though. totally.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

Robot Criminal wrote:
skept wrote:that is why the genre has fallen flat on it's face and not progressed for years.
well i'm no dnb head but I must say it has progressed as sht. not to my liking though. listen to new fresh (EIB) for an example. Thats imo some rly fucked up trance music with a twist or i don't know...

totally agree on making YOUR OWN sounds though. totally.
yeah i probably shouldn't be making comments about the progression of dnb because i stopped following it about 6 years ago so who knows what has happened in that time but if you are saying it is sht i am taking your word for it!
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

well just a side note about the whole dnb thing. there are great names out there right now you just have to look for them. try looking for polar, fanu, seba, paradox, dak (when he decides to make dnb). those are a few names i have found over the last few years that have really rekindled my love for dnb. that being said i do make minimal and techno stuff but i listen to dnb mostly.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

provaznik wrote:well just a side note about the whole dnb thing. there are great names out there right now you just have to look for them. try looking for polar, fanu, seba, paradox, dak (when he decides to make dnb). those are a few names i have found over the last few years that have really rekindled my love for dnb. that being said i do make minimal and techno stuff but i listen to dnb mostly.
i figured that there has to be SOMEONE pushing the envelope for the genre. thanks for tossing those names out. i will check them out for sure. as i said i was once i big dnb fan.