Full tracks "livesets" your point of view...

- open
jay haze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

live as we know it

Post by jay haze »

i have to say this is a topic that is mos def worth discussing. this is an important topic and i think there should be further discussing.

i can only tell you as someone who does not use a laptop to perform live, or rather abelton more specifically(although i do use it to produce)
it is totally whack ass to play live and perform tracks that are already rendered.

i cant tell you how many times this past year i have played with people and dj before or after them, and work that crowd for hours with a djset- just to get paid less for more work than some guy up there pawning off a playback set with some effects as LIVE !!!
this is becoming an all too common thing, and i think that people need to get educated! especially if they(promoters) are willing to pay more for this "liveset"-
seriously i think it is an insult to dj's and people who actually do get up there and play live, for people who are willing to take risks.

this year i have seen countless live performes up there with the sequence out in front of my face such as some of my friends like Guido schneider and Lee curtis! i mean this is the most unsexy thing ever and should not be considered live. point blank it is a lie to say this is live.

the more people are educated about this sort of thing and demand more from their favorite artists, the more the artists themselves are gonna grow, the more people just sit back and make excuses, the more lazy everyone will get.
i strongly believe this is a topic that if some people put some serious thought and effort into could help change things for the better.
Freefall
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Freefall »

I really appreciate your comment Jay , and I must agree with you Its like that !!! I am on a party , and someone plays with laptop , with the tracks in one order , I can do that at home !!! Someone will say , yeah , you cant drive the crowd like him , he is a talent , ahum ahum!!

And whos fault is this??? :shock:
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

I think that a computer is as much an instrument as a synthesizer. I really think the problem is the performer and not the instrument, or rather the concept and ideas (or lack of) from the performer. You do work a pair of decks mr. Haze, but that is your thing. Some people have other ideas about how to get their concepts across. I don't mind a laptop set in the right setting, but I wouldn't put you on to compete with a laptop set.

edit: Maybe I should clarify that a little better (dang electronic communication), by competing, I mean it should not be a competition. Most promoters don't know what the hell they are doing anyway.