Post by trak660 »

Zsa Zsa wrote:Scientologists? Maybe.
The new e-meter!
Touch the cube and it plays your thoughts as waveforms! :lol:
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I think at the festival during the end of May here in Detroit he wasn't using that type of setup... I did notice a difference in the streaming video/audio to the love parade... his mix seemed seamless and had no wrecks at ALL.

so perhaps if I had to guess he may have started to implemented things shortly after the DEMF but before the Love Parade...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

john clees wrote:I think at the festival during the end of May here in Detroit he wasn't using that type of setup... I did notice a difference in the streaming video/audio to the love parade... his mix seemed seamless and had no wrecks at ALL.

so perhaps if I had to guess he may have started to implemented things shortly after the DEMF but before the Love Parade...

With only having seen youtube clips of him since he started this digital only thing, it's of course very easy to see that he get's better and better. Practice works, also for professionals. Seems someone sometimes forgets this (both performer and audience complaining).
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

@ John - gotcha, that would likely explain it.

So onto other matters regarding m_nus and their cube, after checking a lot of recent M-nus releases I've ignored due to not being too impressed with a lot of it in general, I can surmise that what they are making is no longer techno or minimal (anything). By the power invested in me as the authority of all things ;p

I pronounce the new style 'bleee blooo fsssssst'

This forum should now be duly renamed - thanks ;)
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

LucaDc wrote:I WANT PLASTIKMAN!!!!not richie hawtin :P ....i think that is a decadent techno scene...contaminated by the fucking "mediterrean techno"(massi dl,lucio aquilina and a lot of other artist from Naples.....i want the real MINIMAL!!!!!!!
Plastikman is a studio moniker that creates conceptual electronic albums. Quite the opposite of Richie Hawtin the DJ who "rocks the party."

I know you're sort of teasing but I would prefer that he leaves the two as they are, completely separated. I personally like Plastikman better as well, but I'd never fool myself into thinking that "Plastikman" would show up at a venue and the crowd would suddenly be dancing all night... it sure as hell never went down that way in the past, and it wouldn't go down that way now either.

As someone who saw one of Richie's "live PA" performances in the 90s, I can safely say it was totally crazy and a once-in-a-lifetime experience but completely different from a crowd-moving Wighnomy/Ricardo/Luciano/Richie style set of the post-2000's.

Again, two different things.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

JackNine wrote: As someone who saw one of Richie's "live PA" performances in the 90s, I can safely say it was totally crazy and a once-in-a-lifetime experience but completely different from a crowd-moving Wighnomy/Ricardo/Luciano/Richie style set of the post-2000's.

like this plus8 night in milano...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9B9tjAaMs8
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

Storlon wrote:like this plus8 night in milano...
Funny clip. That's on the Slices DVD also.

But actually Richie's live PA's were nothing like Speedy J's. Before Decks & EFX they were all about the Plastikman sound.
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

Storlon wrote:
JackNine wrote: As someone who saw one of Richie's "live PA" performances in the 90s, I can safely say it was totally crazy and a once-in-a-lifetime experience but completely different from a crowd-moving Wighnomy/Ricardo/Luciano/Richie style set of the post-2000's.

like this plus8 night in milano...
seems like the resident MC was sick that night... :)

been in a few italian venues without MC though..
It's ridiculous how hard we try.