Contakt (Minus where are you going?)

- open
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

john clees wrote:
miroslav wrote: Richie played one of the better sets that I've personally seen from him -
I was sober all weekend - I completely disagree..:?

from the minus camp magda's set was enjoyable but heartthrob's live pa stole the festival..

easily the highlight.. * from what I saw.. - I missed dan bell and mathias kaden

:?
you must have missed c2 live then as well, because it was easily one of the best demf perfomances EVER
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

pheek wrote:
Harlesden wrote:
pheek wrote:
Sneaky wrote:anyways at the fest I did enjoy the Minus crew members sets and thought Rich's set at the fest was good... .
Yeah i was into it until he did a train wreck mix that nobody seemed to hear except my friends and i (?). Then came another pretty big mixing mistake but no one cared.

We left.
how trendy
Yeah right. If you knew me...

We left because after a 2 days of basically no sleep, we wanted to rest before going to another afterparty. DEMF is all about afters. The fest is awesome but to be in those special locations with your friends and avoid crowds is much better.

I didn't know that was trendy.
Think he was talking about the fact that you made it look as if you left purely because of 2 mixing mistakes Richie made, not just the fact of leaving the party.. ;)
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

tettezak wrote:
pheek wrote:
Harlesden wrote:
pheek wrote:
Sneaky wrote:anyways at the fest I did enjoy the Minus crew members sets and thought Rich's set at the fest was good... .
Yeah i was into it until he did a train wreck mix that nobody seemed to hear except my friends and i (?). Then came another pretty big mixing mistake but no one cared.

We left.
how trendy
Yeah right. If you knew me...

We left because after a 2 days of basically no sleep, we wanted to rest before going to another afterparty. DEMF is all about afters. The fest is awesome but to be in those special locations with your friends and avoid crowds is much better.

I didn't know that was trendy.
Think he was talking about the fact that you made it look as if you left purely because of 2 mixing mistakes Richie made, not just the fact of leaving the party.. ;)
I got that. But i wanted him to understand its easy to misjudge too when you dont have the full story. Judging is trendy :P
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

The way you said it was practically asking to be misunderstood/misjudged though... :P
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

tettezak wrote:The way you said it was practically asking to be misunderstood/misjudged though... :P
hmmm, i fully understood. takes a fair bit of patience to stick with Richie these days. His 'performance' at Sunday Adventure Club was quite laughable. Nothing exciting about the music and mixing. Surrounded by what looks like an appointed group of admirers - a la Top Of The Pops. Wallowing in it all. I only stuck around for the duration cos it was outdoors and finally some nice sunshine.

It really turned me off actually. Much better techno from the others at that party.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

so is he using ableton now? it takes a lot of skill to make mixing mistakes with that.
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

tone-def wrote:so is he using ableton now? it takes a lot of skill to make mixing mistakes with that.
He's on Traktor..
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

tone-def wrote:so is he using ableton now? it takes a lot of skill to make mixing mistakes with that.
that's what I don't get..

if your (not) using vinyl anymore.. why not just link up the tracks and get creative with multi-layering and getting lost in sound..

- he had more than a few wrecks at the fest in detroit this year... no biggie but.... just wondering since he removed the vinyl

then why try to mix using two computers.. kinda like wrestling alligators im sure... people see that your not using vinyl..

so why not just link them if your going for a dj/live pa sound/feel anyway

[?]