Loveletters from Oslo

- open
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

D4RKFORCE wrote:I think a vinyl is cheaper than buying a 3/4 track ep in wav...
The main difference (for me) is that most of the time I don't want the whole EP but just 1 or a couple of tracks. Buying 1 single specific track in mp3/wav is cheaper than buying a vinyl for that 1 track.
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

gustafsson wrote:2. Dont repeat "Richie Hawtin" - propaganda like "A DJ improves if he doesnt have to pitch" (you said it in your deleted post)

This complet false , show me the post

haha ! reading is not your strong side

Once again you did not understand , what you say its false i did not wrote that ,i know what i wrote so if u remember the post so well why dont u transcribe it ?? or ask the moderator to do it

and for me that sounds a lot like, "if you dont have to beatmatch you are a better DJ"

Wrong , to mw that sounds like , if you are a chef and have access to 100 ingredients u can make a more elaborate and original and nice dishes although im not saiyng a chef cannot make an equally tastefull and good dish with 50 ingredients

so u add words and a conclusion to the end that not corresponds to what i am saiyng

+ a different thing is the fact i personally think its much more demanding
at all levels to dj using pre composed trakcs and effects made by you

Much more harder than beatmatching and much more of a chalenge

if u have the abbylity to buy a music and build a groove from scratch and effects or whatever to bridge that track in a pre defined way in a set
u can besides the beatmatching part elaborate and add much more originality to sets
(-)
you are what you tweed
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

u can besides the beatmatching part elaborate and add much more originality to sets
yeah so much originality these days, everyone is a little genius artist ..

all i need is a DJ who mixes two records in artful and skillful fashion and i honestly believe i will not need more till the end of my life.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Why is it so hard to understand the business about a label and a mp3 store?
Does it really make any sense to put a label online from release number 11 ???

Of course not, it makes only sense to put whole labels online IMO (maybe unless if it's a label with 200 releases, there you might only put certain release online, but besides that)...

Would it be interesting for a store to get a label from release number 11? No of course not, they want the complete catalogue.

I understand why vinyl only guys get upset and sad, but if you can't see the reasons behind, that's a bit shocking to me.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I'm sure the vinyl guys can see the reasons behind putting the complete catalogue up. Probably a money issue, even though none of us knows for sure, at lease I haven't seen LLFO post anything about the reason.

Anyways, I want to remember this thread for the earlier discussion I had and kind of meet in the middle with some of you guys, which I found nice.

Anything after Gustafsson came along can go down the drain..
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

definitely !

i really think there is nothing more to say
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

::BLM:: wrote:It probably has to do with money.
surely though oslo is the "money maker" so to speak? LLFO releases get 1000 pressed and a lot of them are sold out, how many do they have to sell to break even roughly? 300? (i have no idea) but there is no point in LLFO anymore. recent releases have been the same as (boring) oslo anyway!

i warmed up for molinari not so long ago and was speaking to him about LLFO and he said he goes places and people haven't even heard of the label or any of the music on it, so i can understand him wanting to get his music out there, but why go against one of the main reasons he set the label up in the first place and put the back catalogue on beatport?

ah well.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I think their is a lot of selfish people in this world.

for example I collected all the original studio one records that came out in 95. I'm happy to see them repressed for the new(er) generations to be inspired by the work of an artist done a long time ago.

I'm a vinyl lover and will be for life. I will continue to buy vinyl and (always) will. I don't comprehend how people get shitty with new mediums to expand awareness of artists that may have truly never got the respect or attention they ever deserved, and by pushing mp3's, their is a slight chance, more credit is be given to artists for their work done now and many years ago. perhaps if you're not an artist or produced music, you're one the outside looking in. I can relate with the purest, but in the end, exposure to newer generations is truely what makes music timeless. always fresh to new people learning about new vibrations that inspire them.