Re: modular etc etc

Post by lem »

rough trade?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Audio Dependent wrote:I like my stackables too. i only have 6 - 3 red and 3 yellow. the shorter red ones nearly always make an appearance but the yellows not so much...

@steevio just a heads up - Post modular have a batch of yellow stacks in stack right now
thanks mate, better get some ordered

i could do with more reds though
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

lem wrote:rough trade?
record shop in brick lane i think? indie record label. think they've had a pretty consistant outut over the last 20 years or so. think that Daniel Miller of Mute records is a big modular head and is somehow involved. Anyway you can pop in and check stuff out.

Post Modular did a little pop up showroom once but doesn't seem like they're able to do it again.

Probably the best thing is to keep an eye on muffs for modular gatherings where people bring their systems and their knowledge.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

those red stackcables are ace. Got to agree with that.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Did you mention an upcoming meeting earlier Obli?

I would be interested... Do they come up on muffs?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

yeah check Leeds modular meet thread in "gatherings, events, meets" subforum (thats where stuff like that gets posted, there was one in Brighton and some that happen in London). I'm going to be playing a set. Should be kinda fun (although I have a few too many modules that need repairs... wank)
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Ok modular gets pretty friggin nuts when you start playing around with the modular planner.

I can easily use up 3u with a modest sequencer setup. I think I might have to go bigger with my case idea.
Obli have you still got your 36u custom case?

I think I will try to get to one of these meets, Leeds one sounds cool. I can't really afford it at the moment, but I am kinda thinking I can't really afford 'not' to go...If I had the money I would come up just to hear you play.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

god don't even talk about that thing. so many hours playing that game of lego. ahahaha.

My equipment is currently in 2 different cases, one at 10u and one at 8u. I'm working out what to do with the 18u case I have at the moment which i no longer use. I had to take the lid of to make it smaller and got stuck putting it back together... was right before a gig and i had approximately 1 million deadlines, was a nightmare. Will try and sell it once I've put it back together properly. Steevio might be your man to talk to. His cases are around 10cm shallower than mine which does make all the difference for ease of carrying and transportation.

Not sure how to get around easily these days. My young persons railcard ran out last year so now i've realised how expensive trains are. Maybe you can get a coach cheaply?

There's a dedicated crew in london i believe which might be easier to make than leeds. Thanks for saying that you'd travel to hear me play, I really appreciate that.