Cabanne

Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

cyhl wrote:yeah, cabanne's music is great, and he's very cool too!

and stay tuned with the next foundsound releases in 2005, there will be a good surprise for his fans......... :wink:

so, zsa, how was the narod niki thingy? I'm still looking for somebody who can give me a proper review of it....... was it fluid enough to be danceable? was the combination of all this talent better than the individual artists? was there any hearable technical problems? etc. etc.

This may not be the "proper" review you are looking for, but it is my perception on the event at hand. :)

Listening to the set online doesn't do it justice. Physically being there and experiencing the anticipation, the excitement, and the rush of the performers combined with the vibe of the crowd, made it one of the most amazing live PA performances I have ever witnessed. All the boys clearly had a blast performing, and the crowd just ate them up. The whole first floor was rhythmically moving, and the top floor sat and watched in admiration. They hit every mood from glitch, to experimental, to ass shaking minimal, all the way to harder techno. Ricardo's vocoder hit the spot inducing sexy female vocals, and Akufen's portable radio gave the set his butcher shop touch.

As for flaws, there were some bouts of miscommunication which jilted their set a couple of times, but it was nothing the crowd took to heart. The crowd continued to love the sound pouring out of the speakers, and NN kept on working it. Richie Hawin also experienced some technical difficulties which he managed to solve after freaking out a bit. His non-verbal reaction was very strong.

You will however take notice of the mishaps in the set as you listen to it on the Mutek website. It sounded like gold live, but upon closer inspection, it appeared to be a little rough around the edges. But man, to be the first group to pull off a production like that, they get 100% for doing a bang up job.

The night ended with a roar of an applause and a 2nd encore. Then the boot came, which kicked them off the stage. (Damn security or whoever it was). Perhaps it was the magic of the whole night, or maybe I was just drunk, but Narod Niki ruled, and I hope to experience a night like that again.

Suz/AA/ZZ
Last edited by Zsa Zsa on Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Essaj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Essaj »

Zsa Zsa wrote:
Essaj wrote:
Doctor T wrote:
so, zsa, how was the narod niki thingy? I'm still looking for somebody who can give me a proper review of it....... was it fluid enough to be danceable? was the combination of all this talent better than the individual artists? was there any hearable technical problems? etc. etc.
You can listen to it in the Mutek archives.

http://www.mutek.ca
:o :o :o thanks man...i didnt notice it

does anyone have the narod niki set as mp3 for download?
I dont have the set, but you can always record the stream in Sound Forge.
thanks.....i dont know much about stream recording and i dont use soundforge....i think wavelab would do the trick too?
Love is intrumental
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

Sure! :P

Actually I haven't a clue, I dont use wavelab. Only one way to find out. Try it, if you haven't done so already.

Suz
Essaj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Essaj »

every time i try to listen to the set i get a msg that the server reached the maximum capacity
Love is intrumental
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

Essaj wrote:every time i try to listen to the set i get a msg that the server reached the maximum capacity

All what are you need is Streambox which u can find here

[it's a freeware]

....just copy link in streambox and dld set on your hdd.......

Enjoy in Mutek sets

Greetz

:wink:
multum in parvo
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

Hmm.. a much better idea than mine.

I shall take your suggestion.

Thanks!

Suz

p.s. The other stream links work (qt high/qt low)
Essaj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Essaj »

thanx to the both of you...downloading quicktime and streambox as we speak....
Love is intrumental
Doctor T
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Doctor T »

As far as I know... newer versions of Streambox do not have the capability to convert realaudio files to mp3. You need Streambox v.2.009 or earlier, plus Streambox VCR 1.0 beta to actually grab the files.

I have these older versions, but have never had any luck capturing or converting any of the files from the Mutek site.