produce in the style of a MMMPPPCCC

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

I would say that the work flow is just quite different on laptop+mpd vs mpc.

On the MPC everything is really built around using those sample pads in a live format. All the controls for recording and deleting midi information is built in quite differently. Its quite fun actually, there isn't any visual queues so your building tracks completly by ear and with your own programming, quantized or not.

Still this doesn't mean that it isn't valuable to have the mpd on the desk. It beats doing live programming with piano keys. If i'm looking for new ideas that I don't really want to click the mouse, I pull out the mpd and start bangin away on the kit. But after i've got my master pattern down, the thing goes back on the shelf. Because after a certain point its just faster and more accurate to make mouse edits.

Cheers,
Hydrogen
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

hydrogen wrote:I would say that the work flow is just quite different on laptop+mpd vs mpc.

On the MPC everything is really built around using those sample pads in a live format. All the controls for recording and deleting midi information is built in quite differently. Its quite fun actually, there isn't any visual queues so your building tracks completly by ear and with your own programming, quantized or not.

Still this doesn't mean that it isn't valuable to have the mpd on the desk. It beats doing live programming with piano keys. If i'm looking for new ideas that I don't really want to click the mouse, I pull out the mpd and start bangin away on the kit. But after i've got my master pattern down, the thing goes back on the shelf. Because after a certain point its just faster and more accurate to make mouse edits.

Cheers,
Hydrogen
thanks!
that was exactly what i wanted to know. funny how hard it is to get a straight forward answer from such a simple question.