[KOMPAKT extra] OXIA - SPEICHER 34

- wax
sebastianh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sebastianh »

hard techno / loop techno is out at the moment so they all try to make money in a different way, Oxia isn't the only one...
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kahl_s »

How humble of him to apologize, gained some vindication by confessing the error.
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

i'm no fan of this label, but i loooooove the robson ponte remix, and some others .. this one is just really really bad ..

but to say harder techno is totally out isn't really true, even villa plays the new technasia thing for instance, allthrogh it has changed its form, and will continue to evolve .. minimal will aswell :)

but i agree that most of the old heroes do make pretty bad mnml at the moment, hehe
Surgi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Surgi »

f3d4r wrote:i'm so disappointed. oxia and the goodlife label always did it for me in my techno past, but this is just a very lame sky was pink etc. rip off, and the other side is a horrible tiefschwarz (insert any other boring electro-house name) try-out. boooh to oxia for making this, and to kompakt for releasing this. they have completely lost their way with kompakt extra/speicher :|
I totally agree on this. 1 side Sky is pink rip off and other side catchy electro tune and beat like we heard already dozens before... This would be a very great ep if it was released a few years ago.
http://www.myspace.com/dj_surgi

23/02/07 @ 2 Years Punk'ID, Decadance, Gent, Belgium from 22h till 0h
mokaz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mokaz »

where the is kompakt going ???
ri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ri »

Connaisseur wrote:this is definitely a rip-off of our first release "eve by day" by patrick chardronnet.

after i wrote an email to kompakt, wolfgang voight apologized in person for the mistake releasing the track...he didn't know "eve by day" before.

we will release our "eve by day" remixes in june... so please don't think, when you hear the oxia rip-off in a club, this is one of the mixes ;)
Firstly Connasseur - think you're one of the coolest labels out there, so don't get me wrong, but that baseline from both tracks use a melody is pretty basic, and the rhythmic bass line pattern is fairly standard too. It was put together in a fresh way tho, and a cool way (which a lot of music is).

I do think that with that in mind AND the fact that you yourself have accepted that at least ONE other person in the record industry (who has heard a LOT of music) didn't hear eve by day, maybe Oxia didn't either? I'd almost say probably not - surely Oxia is not wanting to harm his reputation with these types of allegations? I mean, it's not like he needs the exposure. Maybe it's just a simple misunderstanding, and yeah, these things do happen, some basic melodies are so universal that it is really very easy for some people to come up with similar ones like in this case who come from different music scenes.
Maybe Oxia has had this in his sequencer for 5 years and just finished making a track? Do you know that for a fact before this harmful allegation?

I hope this can be resolved well for both of your sakes.
Maybe just think of it as you both have made killer tunes?
Peace.
r.i.

let the music talk
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kahl_s »

ri wrote:
Connaisseur wrote:this is definitely a rip-off of our first release "eve by day" by patrick chardronnet.

after i wrote an email to kompakt, wolfgang voight apologized in person for the mistake releasing the track...he didn't know "eve by day" before.

we will release our "eve by day" remixes in june... so please don't think, when you hear the oxia rip-off in a club, this is one of the mixes ;)
Firstly Connasseur - think you're one of the coolest labels out there, so don't get me wrong, but that baseline from both tracks use a melody is pretty basic, and the rhythmic bass line pattern is fairly standard too. It was put together in a fresh way tho, and a cool way (which a lot of music is).

I do think that with that in mind AND the fact that you yourself have accepted that at least ONE other person in the record industry (who has heard a LOT of music) didn't hear eve by day, maybe Oxia didn't either? I'd almost say probably not - surely Oxia is not wanting to harm his reputation with these types of allegations? I mean, it's not like he needs the exposure. Maybe it's just a simple misunderstanding, and yeah, these things do happen, some basic melodies are so universal that it is really very easy for some people to come up with similar ones like in this case who come from different music scenes.
Maybe Oxia has had this in his sequencer for 5 years and just finished making a track? Do you know that for a fact before this harmful allegation?

I hope this can be resolved well for both of your sakes.
Maybe just think of it as you both have made killer tunes?
Peace.
I really hope and think that this is just a big missunderstanding. I hold no grudge towards Oxia.
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

"Tri-State" of Linus Quick (Elektronische Musik - Interkontinental 5 / Traum v72) sounds like "Eve By Day" too... :?