Totally out of inspiration. tips?

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Totally out of inspiration. tips?

Post by oblioblioblio »

don't worry about it too much. you can't choose when you are inspired... you just make space for it and see what happens.

i have different phases. sometimes i need to change my methods and try new ways from a blank canvas.

sometimes it's good to just forget about making music at all. put on your favourite record, close your eyes. go for a walk with your ipod, go to a club, whatever works for you.

always thinking about making music can be stressful and you can forget what a joy sound can be.

in short, don't sweat it. it's the same for everyone.
djloko190988
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djloko190988 »

That's the main issue, makin music has become more of a drag than a joy (like it used to be). I feel that i wanna find a new way of sound for music, all that is out there is good but the really meaningfull tracks that can make a new feeling appear are so rare (Example: Basti Grub & Komaton - Sick).

Anywho thnx for the hepl.

cheers.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Turn off quantize and play the music you've been writing. Get more hands on and try to eliminate it feeling like a drag. I sometimes I just turn off the computer plug a delay pedal in and a looper to my Juno and just build on ideas and have fun then just turn the power off and do it again the next day. When u Eliminate the pressure of having to write a track it can be extremely freeing.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

hydrogen wrote:Turn off quantize and play the music you've been writing. Get more hands on and try to eliminate it feeling like a drag. I sometimes I just turn off the computer plug a delay pedal in and a looper to my Juno and just build on ideas and have fun then just turn the power off and do it again the next day. When u Eliminate the pressure of having to write a track it can be extremely freeing.
+1

2 years ago i stopped releasing tracks, and just concentrated on finding a new sound, without the pressure of worrying about staying in the frame and part of the scene.

now i go into the studio and enjoy myself, its very liberating. when i'm ready to put it out there again i will. i almost never write 'tracks' any more, i just jam and record everything i do. most of it is sh!t, but who cares, even if one in every 50 jams throws up something interesting i'm happy.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

yeah plus one on stopping feeling like you have to be something.

I mainly just make music for myself. Even if my music only stops me from feeling like i'm totally loosing my mind then i'm happy. If something comes from it that makes others feel the same then even better.

bigger plus one on not paying attention to the scene. when was the last good film to come out of hollywood?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

Transformer 3 !
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

yeah it's actually true that sometimes pure horrible commercial intentions throws up good music/art/etc. For me it's not where i'm at and i prefer to hang around with people getting on with their lives and working out what it means to be human.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Themis wrote:Transformer 3 !
:lol:

(*) (*) (*) -boom