"Vinyl sales up 14% in 2010 compared to 2009"

- ask away
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

coldfuture wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:
XIII NRV wrote:I love records, I love to spend time in a record shop to speak with all the guys, I love being all excited while taking...
That's probably the part I miss the most about vinyl. It's about meeting up with like minds, talking music, etc. The record store used to be the center of it all.
Yeah. Think of all the music I would not even know about if it weren't for the record shop. I miss that a lot.

I shudder to imagine having only the online charts to have learned about music like most of the kids today do. That would be a horrible way to be schooled about tunage.
The internet is a great resource.. you can potentially dig further than in any one record shop..
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

Probably but it's a lot better to do it live than to stay in front of a screen...you have good sides and bad sides...like always
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

trak660 wrote:Any news of increasing vinyl sales is music to my ears! 8)
patrick bateman wrote:Well, for many many people living in the countryside back in the early 90ties, this was the case, together with FM radioshows and going to parties. I remember reading the dj charts in the Frontpage magazine and stuff like that.
Most of my vinyl purchases in the nineties were through the mail. I used 611, Satellite, Sonic Groove, etc. It was just like Beatport, except you had to wait for a few days for your stuff.
The downside of mail-order and also downloading is that the audio clip might be leaving out some seriously cheesy vocals. I don't appreciate those kind of suprises. :lol:
exactly :)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

what I often wondered is if it would be possible to do this digitally. Many people say they miss the social contact between various people in the scene (so do I), so why wouldn't it be a good idea to have a shop where you can buy vinyl, but also the beatport files? That way, the shopkeeper is the quality filter so desperately needed, and the customer can simply buy the tracks he likes that he hears in the shop, and take them home with him on a usb stick or whatever. If the vinyl is out of stock, you can choose to take it home digitally... ?

Too bad I'm too scared to try it out, but it would be a decent experiment to say the least :) It would surely bring back that social contact (and let's be honest: a scene really gets formed because people share a love for music and meet up to plan sh!t together).
Bionic_Eye
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bionic_Eye »

a rise is a rise

great idea psytox
mayb you should do it
get a sponsorship with beatport and you are up to go
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

For me it would be much more interesting to see/hear about the sales on

decks
juno
hardwax

and shops like that.
souat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by souat »

Roy Koch wrote:At least I contributed a little. Started buying vinyl since last year and already have quite a few records :)
8)
michielwijnen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by michielwijnen »

PsyTox wrote:what I often wondered is if it would be possible to do this digitally. Many people say they miss the social contact between various people in the scene (so do I), so why wouldn't it be a good idea to have a shop where you can buy vinyl, but also the beatport files? That way, the shopkeeper is the quality filter so desperately needed, and the customer can simply buy the tracks he likes that he hears in the shop, and take them home with him on a usb stick or whatever. If the vinyl is out of stock, you can choose to take it home digitally... ?

Too bad I'm too scared to try it out, but it would be a decent experiment to say the least :) It would surely bring back that social contact (and let's be honest: a scene really gets formed because people share a love for music and meet up to plan sh!t together).
Sounds like a cool idea, don't know it will work tough since people are getting to lazy buying everything from behind there desk... so indeed risky buisness :)

But I bet you would discover a lot of unknown cool digital music you probably never would find out about yourself amongst the huge digital collection.
just as you would get to know new labels and artists in a record shop...