What about the Arrengement?

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Yeah

When I did it in Ableton I used to assign everything to my midi controller and press play and record. Some parts I used to play in live, some were midi sequenced already and so on. Its more fun for sure, but for me its not accurate which is why I always go back and edit it. Like Steevio said though, its just practise.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

The machines that you use play a big part in how you deal with liveness and time / editing. Ableton stopped being Live for me.

If you have a Mac check out Five12 Numerology. Apart from something custom made in MaxMSP with the right hardware, Numerology is the best seqeuncer you will get in a computer.
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

PC....:-/ Yeah, Max for live is good...even if Live isn't my main daw...
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

if you have the patience and time to learn Max then go for it. Definitely an uphill struggle, and there is a big seperation between making patches and making music. I could never just patch as I went. It hurt my brain.

Some people have the right brain for it though.

For me hardware modular is a massive breath of fresh air. Needs high investment of funds. But actually the prices are reasonble, for something hand made that should last for a 100 years or more, and that is FUCKING AMAZING. :)
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

oblioblioblio wrote:Needs high investment of funds.
I have to admit that's one of my big problems...tima AND money, I mean, I have other stuff to buy before that, new speakers, new mixer...basics, but mine are getting old so I'll have to change...and that's another good 1000€s
Last edited by XIII NRV on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Its never ending isnt it? Always something to save for, and whilst saving something else always catches my eye. I told my gf that once I get a soundcard im done untill I start making some coin because im spending our family money and im starting to feel quite selfish.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

well. not everyone is lucky enough to spend money on gear. but, to me, it's a solid investment in myself. If I make the right decisions it's worth it.

Software is deceptively expensive. A computer is instantly worth half the price you paid for it when you buy it. Most software gradually drains away in value, and requires expensive upgrades.

I stretched myself to get my modular (gonna have to spend half the money I earn this year paying it back). But music is my life and creatively I'm living on a cloud nowadays.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

ah see I dont have any debt at all, everything I own has been paid for. I'm saying its not worth it, this is my passion and I love having the bits that I do. But when we havent been on holiday in 4 years you know there gets to a point where I think its better to learn the things I have rather then just lusting over gear.