what is everyone making these days?

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Absolutely bugger all. :x

All my gear is still in storage as I have recently moved. I am nowhere near ready to set it all up again ( tons of decorating to do ) I don't even have a computer in the flat.

But I do have an old Yamaha RM1x which allows me to get some ideas down which I can build on when my gears back again. Sounds are crap but the sequencer is pretty damn nifty.

I don't like to follow musical trends and fashion as I think it can 'age' or 'pigeon hole' your music. I just make what appeals to me and like experimenting.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Dubbed out music at 120 bpm mostly. I call it techno, others call it house. It's all the same for the most part.

I try to make downtempo jams, dubstep, etc. But, when I get half way through a track in a different style I always think to myself "that would sound dope as a techno tune" and transform it. In fact, some of my favorite tracks started out as other genres. I really do want to make downtempo hip-hop tunes, but I just can't seem to finish anything. :?
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Phase Ghost wrote:Dubbed out music at 120 bpm mostly. I call it techno, others call it house. It's all the same for the most part.

I try to make downtempo jams, dubstep, etc. But, when I get half way through a track in a different style I always think to myself "that would sound dope as a techno tune" and transform it. In fact, some of my favorite tracks started out as other genres. I really do want to make downtempo hip-hop tunes, but I just can't seem to finish anything. :?
oh yeah, im in a similar boat bruv. I want to make down tempo hip hopy stuff but one thing I lack is male singer/rapper who can come up with lyrics.
Im having high hopes that technology will come to the rescue soon and with the new ohm force studio I will be able to find session singers, rappers, hip hopers, whatevers more easily.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

making more technoish techno stuff nowadays that before
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

I too am here for the community, never made minimal.

I am just working away at what I have always done: tech-house, noisey techno, and subtle acid all influenced by older NYC and midwestern US stuff ala Steve Stoll, Damon Wild, Woody McBride, etc.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

Mostly somewhere between dubstep, techno and house, but that tends to make people think of Hotflush/Immerse/etc, which isn't really the case. I started enjoying making music a lot more since I stopped trying to do one thing in particular and started just making what came most naturally. Sometimes that's 90s loop techno, sometimes it's uber-clean 808 halfstep, sometimes it's wonky lo-fi house.

My first vinyl release (Objekt #1) is out sometime this year and it's on the bassy end of things:

www.soundcloud.com/keinobjekt

and other stuff is previewed on soundcloud to gauge crowd reaction at:

www.soundcloud.com/static_cast
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »