Reaktor - A legend

- ask away
nialbm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nialbm »

Hi guys i recently got reaktor 5 and kontakt 2. Both seem like amazing programs and im using them within cubase. One problem i have is latency issues, when playing back either kontakt or reaktor through cubase onto a midi track theres a slight delay between me playing the keys and sound being played.

This makes it very hard for me to sit there and play away cause its just not in time. Does anyone have any good ideas for fixing these delays so i can play reaktor through cubase fluently???

The same also applies for battery 3 however i usually use the drum edit window for that so the delay doesnt bother me.

Cheers : )

(by the way im VERY new to all this hehe)
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

ImageImageImage

I ought to give a blowjob/cunnilingus to everyone at NI... that's all I have to say.
nialbm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nialbm »

Yes NI are absolutely extremely insane. I've never known software as powerful as this.... Still the latency issues are bugging me.... Would a brand new exterior sound card do the trick cause my laptop is 2.0ghz duo core and 2gb ram so it isn't slow....

Any Ideas anyone?
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

As far as I remember, external sound cards tend to have more latency than internal pci ones... but that might have changed in the last years...
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

yeah, it's a very nice tool.
I only deplore the (too) many bugs. Had a lot of issues with it.
Also I don't like the way presets are saved. I lost a lot of stuff I made with it because I forgot to save a snapshot or an ensemble or an instrument or a sample map or... too complex (for me :-) ) But the possibilities are endless indeed.

Worth to check out too is 'Electronic Instruments' from NI. A nice package containing some cool reaktor synths.
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

nialbm wrote:Yes NI are absolutely extremely insane. I've never known software as powerful as this.... Still the latency issues are bugging me.... Would a brand new exterior sound card do the trick cause my laptop is 2.0ghz duo core and 2gb ram so it isn't slow....

Any Ideas anyone?
Are u using the integrated soundcard ? If that's the case, using a decent external soundcard will certainly fix latency issues.
nialbm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nialbm »

Hey

Yeah im using the internal soundcard that came with my laptop. All my programs are set up to use ASIO full duplex driver so there's no much more I can do. Is it wiser to get a firewire extternal card than USB??

If anyone can recommend any good external sound cards to me that'd be great. I was looking at the interface that Native Instruments sell, it's more pricy than other soundcards but I thought it might be the best idea seeing as im using alot of NI software..... Any ideas???

hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

nialbm wrote:Hey

Yeah im using the internal soundcard that came with my laptop. All my programs are set up to use ASIO full duplex driver so there's no much more I can do. Is it wiser to get a firewire extternal card than USB??

If anyone can recommend any good external sound cards to me that'd be great. I was looking at the interface that Native Instruments sell, it's more pricy than other soundcards but I thought it might be the best idea seeing as im using alot of NI software..... Any ideas???

I actually switched back to using my internal card with the ASIO drivers after using the echo Indigo. I've had tons of issues with it, I've looked everywhere for information on it. and have found nothing :(
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest