Constant SPAM

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

iainkerr7 wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Themis wrote:and @bateman, so you think the general forum should be a platform for adverts and promotion? cause near 50% of the threads in the first page are promotion.
So if Jay Haze wants to give away some free tracks, then you want it to be in a specialized forum away from the general chat?

Well, I just don't find it annoying, far from. The kind of 'spam' on this site, is still relevant for the people using the forum, and therefore a part of the daily business, in my opinion.

If people want more 'interesting' threads, then they can start by submitting some themselves :)
It's not about it being part of the daily business or relevant. This is a forum not advertising space.

If there isn't an interesting discussion then fine, but that doesn't mean we should allow people to flood the general section with adverts and promos.

So what if Jay Haze is giving away a free track? Not everyone gives a sh!t - there is a members section to post your tracks, what's up with using that?
Sorry.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

typical scot, complaining that people are giving free stuff away.

numpty.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

jackbrazzo wrote:typical scot, complaining that people are giving free stuff away.

numpty.

exactly. sometimes people amaze me on how much resources and love this forum is made from and yet people someone has to always comment on something else about something free.. I dont get it...... resources like this 10 years ago where never possible.. so to have them now it's such a blessing..
iainkerr7 wrote:So what if Jay Haze is giving away a free track?
I care that he's doing it - and that's all that matters.. thats is why I stickied it..

some may enjoy it : some don't : no worries : doing music over 15 years ago..

you come to terms you'll never please anyone : all the time..

;)
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

jackbrazzo wrote:typical scot, complaining that people are giving free stuff away.

numpty.
:oops:

Cool, it's your forum John - all I am doing is giving my opinion that I don't think this stuff is relevant for the general section.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

omg this discussion is nuts.. no one was complaining that jay gave away a track for free.. and no one said he doesn't care that tracks are given away for free on this board.. iainkerr just mentioned that the general section might be the wrong place for this stuff.. and althought i found it awesome and downloaded jays track i still think that the general chat section was the wrong place for it..

additionally it's ridiculous that all of you are talking about the SINGLE jay haze threat while themis posted a whole list of promotion/advertisment/spam topics which were just taken from the first site..

let's just agree that jay's topic is fine.. but what's with all the other topics??
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

roland wrote:let's just agree that jay's topic is fine.. but what's with all the other topics??
Why is his topic 'better', because the track was good, or because he is a nice guy?
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

patrick bateman wrote:
roland wrote:let's just agree that jay's topic is fine.. but what's with all the other topics??
Why is his topic 'better', because the track was good, or because he is a nice guy?
ehm.. in my opinion posting a free track in the general section is a big fail.. but,
john clees wrote: I care that he's doing it - and that's all that matters.. thats is why I stickied it..
so if john wants this specific threat in the general section it's pretty useless to discuss whether it should be there or not..
iankerr created this topic cause he experienced more and more promotion topics over a certain period.. so why is everyone talking about the recent jay haze threat ?? just because themis had also put it in the short list ??
who cares if jay is nice or the track is good.. it's about the developement of promotional topics in the general chat section..
most of the topics doesn't allow to participate or to give opinion because they're nothing but promotion..

edit: while we are talking here, another threat was created in the general section.. guess what, someone is promoting an open air party.. this stuff is what iankerr was talking about and its bothering me too..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

roland wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
ehm.. in my opinion posting a free track in the general section is a big fail.. but,
john clees wrote: I care that he's doing it - and that's all that matters.. thats is why I stickied it..
so if john wants this specific threat in the general section it's pretty useless to discuss whether it should be there or not..
iankerr created this topic cause he experienced more and more promotion topics over a certain period.. so why is everyone talking about the recent jay haze threat ?? just because themis had also put it in the short list ??
who cares if jay is nice or the track is good.. it's about the developement of promotional topics in the general chat section..
most of the topics doesn't allow to participate or to give opinion because they're nothing but promotion..

edit: while we are talking here, another threat was created in the general section.. guess what, someone is promoting an open air party.. this stuff is what iankerr was talking about and its bothering me too..
so all in all it is just the admins failing to move the topics to the right sections, right?
there will always be new people failing in posting in the wrong sections...

or am I missing your point?