Post by Creditcard »

sandwell disctrict, regis, function, redshape, delsin, M>O>S Records
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

kristofason wrote:Margaret Dygas, check the track '37 min to 7'
Function also..
dygas plays a lot of house, and she plays in the panoramabar..wouldnt call that berghain. and just because klock used a STL loop in his berghain mix doesn't mean STL produces music with the "berghain" sound...
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

Samuli Kemppii
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

DVS1
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

Uhm.... at least 50% of the stuff i hear in the main room - from the residents anyway - was made before 2003 or so. Sometimes I get the impression that the "Berghain sound" is actually more about people trying to capture how records sound in that room, than about the records that the main proponents of that supposed "sound" actually play in there.

I'd say Hood, G-Man, early Plastikman, Planetary Assault Systems, that kinda thing, lots of fairly stripped back 90s techno -- all played at very high volume through an enormous soundsystem, crucially, in a massive turbine hall. It's the cavernous reverb that does it. Just about anything sounds banging as fck in there.

The house thing is much more Panorama, though not strictly.
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

Panorama - Had the pleasure of seeing Matty Dear, Zip and Sammy D on a Perlon night. Nice place.

HAvent been to berghain yet but its on the list. Fridays lineups I actually really like, shame its not open then.