mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

doneee :) g/l
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

Thank you and I have to say that the feedback is really useful so far.
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

TimTor wrote:
Carl Smart wrote:done and done, but i guess my answers were a bit boring. I'm simply perfectly happy with Juno and couldn't think of anything more to ask of it (well, it is a shame Beatport gets the first two weeks of digital releases a lot of the time...)
Thanks for your input Carl and no answers are boring ;) Beatport does get more exclusive deals, but that is probably due to it's size, as they can offer better deals.
better deals how? most of the other shops are cheaper and also give better percentage to labels/artists.
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

@ Zentex:

From what I understood with speaking to Beatport, their exclusivity deals offer a few options in length and give a additional 15% on top of the 50% that usually flows back to the label.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think WPP or Juno offer 65% to the label for an exclusive deal.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

TimTor wrote:@ Zentex:

From what I understood with speaking to Beatport, their exclusivity deals offer a few options in length and give a additional 15% on top of the 50% that usually flows back to the label.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think WPP or Juno offer 65% to the label for an exclusive deal.
Beatport standard = 65/35 as far as I know.... in the beginning I think there was an extra 5% for the 1 month exclusive, but I don't think that's the deal anymore...
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

I think you're almost spot on Patrick, I have the answer somewhere in my notes back home (in Berlin right now), but I believe it was indeed 5% extra. So, I think that it is 60/40 standard, but with exclusive 65/35.

Does anybody know the figures for WPP or Juno (or any other sites)?
dtunes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dtunes »

TimTor wrote:I think you're almost spot on Patrick, I have the answer somewhere in my notes back home (in Berlin right now), but I believe it was indeed 5% extra. So, I think that it is 60/40 standard, but with exclusive 65/35.

Does anybody know the figures for WPP or Juno (or any other sites)?
Digital-Tunes offers 65/35 deal to everyone, exclusive or not, and you can name your release's price. also, all releases are available for the exact same price regardless the format WAV, FLAC, MP3.