EDC Rave fail

- open
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

hm.. wiki says it's an overconsumption of water.. deaths happen f.e. at water drinking contests.. so she must have drunk a too big amount of water.. i always thought the opposite is the serious danger..

if someone dies at a rave, the reason is always the drug and nothing but the drug..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

roland wrote:hm.. wiki says it's an overconsumption of water.. deaths happen f.e. at water drinking contests.. so she must have drunk a too big amount of water.. i always thought the opposite is the serious danger..
if you dehydrate then it's dangerous too...
roland wrote: if someone dies at a rave, the reason is always the drug and nothing but the drug..
the 'funny' thing is, that here in Denmark we had several 'xtc deaths' some years ago, but not one single of those were directly related to the drug itself, it was always some other coincidence that triggered the death...
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

roland wrote:
typical article.. first time for me reading la times.. reads like a boulevard newspaper.. no information at all..

so she fell into coma cause she was drinking cold water very fast? and ecstacy "messes up" the body's ability to handle that..
never heard of people on ecstacy dying or going to coma because of drinking water fastly...
Isn't that exactly what happened to Leah Betts (probably the highest profile drug-related death in the UK in the last 20 years)? Media initially had it down as a dodgy pill but it quickly emerged that she'd drank some ridiculous amount of water because she'd heard that dehydration and ecstasy in combination was a Bad Plan?

(As far as I understand it, ecstasy affects your body's ability to regulate water levels - so too much is dangerous too - but I think you'd really have to drink quite an outrageous amount of water to do yourself any serious harm. Either way, kinda highlights the fact that kids need more practical drug education than simply "don't do it"...)
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I believe it was her mother who administered the fatal dose of water after reading too much media scare stories.

Irony?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

damagedgoods wrote: Either way, kinda highlights the fact that kids need more practical drug education than simply "don't do it"...)
100 per cent true. But governments need to take a more responsible attitude than their current position, for them to consider the fact that education is valuable and that people are gonna use drugs pretty much regardless of the law.
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

TIt sounds like they're playing ALICE DEE JAY in the background? WTF?