Which do you think was the best video game of 2009?

- open
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

diablo 2 baby!
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

Im sad its down now :'(
TMCM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TMCM »

did fallout 3 come out in 2008 or why is it not mentioned yet?
sven laux wrote:
Kiani wrote:i don't have time to play computer games anymore, but next month Final Fanatasy XIII is coming out, so I'll probably gonna buy a PS3 then. I used to play the FF series alot!
+4,35212!

It's coming out on 9th March here in Germany and it's also a must-have for me. :)
and since it's released for xbox360 too, this will be my first day of a looong vacation! :lol:
coffee makes you happy... except when it messes you up.
Twitter Last.FM Facebook
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

i haven't played a FF game since VII...what a great game, and I was not ever big into RPG.
- matt
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Dragonsand wrote:Hey, talking about games, have you got a good "young" RPG for me?

I used to be a huge fan of Might And Magic, Elder Scrolls, Wizardry, Baldur's Gate, etc.

I would like to play again, as I've got free time now.

I've had some bad experiences with recent RPG (wooow it's beautiful, but wooow it's empty and too easy). I don't care about the graphics, I want something "complex".

any advices? :)
What makes a "Young" RPG?

Demon's Souls is a great RPG. The game is really difficult, the atmosphere of the game is stellar. I really like the combat in the game, and enjoy how they let you build your characters.
deepdream
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by deepdream »

none catch me too strong
waiting anxiously God Of War III :shock:
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Dragonsand wrote:Hey, talking about games, have you got a good "young" RPG for me?

I used to be a huge fan of Might And Magic, Elder Scrolls, Wizardry, Baldur's Gate, etc.

I would like to play again, as I've got free time now.

I've had some bad experiences with recent RPG (wooow it's beautiful, but wooow it's empty and too easy). I don't care about the graphics, I want something "complex".

any advices? :)
Dude, really, you should play Ico or Shadow of the Colossus on PS2. I mean, I've got this image of you, because you like this kind of Dial-music, Ion Ludwig, fantasy dreamy tracks: Concept matters to you... Well, I don't know if you ever played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus? If not, I'm sure you would like it!

Well, Ico is about a boy who's in a desolate castle and there's some girl you have to lead out of it. It's a puzzle game, there are some ghosty creatures you have to scare off, but the great thing in this game is the castle's atmosphere, if you're on the roof you can look far into the world, you'll never get there but still, it's fun to dream about :)

Then there's Shadow of the Colossus, which is from the same developers and actually takes place in the same world: the character is now a knight who rides his horse through desolate landscapes (really beautiful) to find these huge 'Colossi' (there are like 10 of them or something) which you have to destroy. These are really HUGE, you have to climb them and stuff to get to their weak spots. Again this game is all about the lonely world and travelling through it. It's really awesome!

On PS3, there's this new game being developed coming from the same devolopers. It's called The Last Guardian, and it's also set in the same world again, but now it's about a boy who finds this dragon/bird-like creature and has to learn how to fly it and stuff to ultimately find his way in this huge world. This one seems awesome too!

on real RPG's: I've always been a big fan of turn-based battle systems and good storylines. These games aren't developed that much anymore and are mostly just cult classics in Japan. I used to know alot about it, but now I actually only know FF XIII which is coming out soon!
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Not sure about 2009 but the best game ever: Sensible Soccer for the Amiga 500 :!: