What are you currently reading?

- open
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

Interesting reading about music just coming out (in french)

Musiques électroniques - des avants-gardes aux dance floors
Guillaume Kosmicki, ed. Le mot et le reste 404 p.
tabula rasa
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

Franz Kafka's collected short stories... I like them, but I'd rather be reading the Battery 3 manual
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Carl Smart wrote:Franz Kafka's collected short stories... I like them, but I'd rather be reading the Battery 3 manual
I like Kafka.

I think Gogol is in a similar style but kind of more human and less abstract. 'Diary of a Madman and other Short Stories' is a nice collection. and 'Dead Souls' is pretty magnificent.

To the person reading Catch 22, it's worth the effort I think. I sometimes find reading really hard though, too. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood and can't find the right moments for it.
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

oblioblioblio wrote:To the person reading Catch 22, it's worth the effort I think. I sometimes find reading really hard though, too. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood and can't find the right moments for it.
I love reading, but just cant get through that book.. the whole book seems to be a Catch 22... I will persevere though... I like reading to be enjoyable, but as it is regarded as a modern classic I want to finish it
deepdream
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by deepdream »

E.M. Cioran - On the Summits of Despair
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

Raymond Chandler - (almost) everything by him simultaneously..
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

barry, lee & messerschmitt - digital communications 3rd ed.
steve cripps - rf power amplifiers for wireless communications 2nd ed.
vuolevi & rahkonen - distortion in rf power amplifiers
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

Ciaran_ wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote:To the person reading Catch 22, it's worth the effort I think. I sometimes find reading really hard though, too. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood and can't find the right moments for it.
I love reading, but just cant get through that book.. the whole book seems to be a Catch 22... I will persevere though... I like reading to be enjoyable, but as it is regarded as a modern classic I want to finish it
Yeah, I got about halfway through Catch 22 and struggled as well. It's not so much of a "difficult" read; it's just pretty relentless, in a boring kind of way. It's like sitting through a 10-hour Marx Brothers film while being slapped in the face every 15 seconds. My dad said it was very much of its time, so maybe that's why I'm not really "getting" it...

Anyway, I'm now almost done with Marquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude, which is pretty great. Working my way through the 20th century classics that I probably should have read a long time ago...
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de