How has your taste progressed?

- open
erdbeerschnitzel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by erdbeerschnitzel »

tone-def wrote: yeah mannheim... this name has popped up a few times but i don't have a clue what it means or even sounds like.
The Oslo/Cecille/8bit-Sound (Molinari, Nekes, Johnny D, Nick Curly and the likes) is called Mannheim-Sound because these guys originated from this city in the south-west of Germany. Terrible expression, don't even get me started on the music ;)

On topic: My bpm-taste-o-meter is also going down.
BigPoe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BigPoe »

Marcus Stork wrote:I still hate Trance! :lol:
+1

Once this rentokill dude came round to my flat to deal with a rat problem we had. He saw my decks and started talking to me about DJing. When he told me he played trance I really wanted to stop talking to him. Is that genre-ist? :lol:
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

erdbeerschnitzel wrote:
tone-def wrote: yeah mannheim... this name has popped up a few times but i don't have a clue what it means or even sounds like.
The Oslo/Cecille/8bit-Sound (Molinari, Nekes, Johnny D, Nick Curly and the likes) is called Mannheim-Sound because these guys originated from this city in the south-west of Germany. Terrible expression, don't even get me started on the music ;)
that stuff sucks! I don't know why some people call it deep house. it's the perfect example of europeans taking a good thing from america and just adding water.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

BigPoe wrote:
Marcus Stork wrote:I still hate Trance! :lol:
+1

Once this rentokill dude came round to my flat to deal with a rat problem we had. He saw my decks and started talking to me about DJing. When he told me he played trance I really wanted to stop talking to him. Is that genre-ist? :lol:
rodent killing trance DJ's (-)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tone-def wrote:
erdbeerschnitzel wrote:
that stuff sucks! I don't know why some people call it deep house. it's the perfect example of europeans taking a good thing from america and just adding water.
LOL whuuuuuut?
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

patrick bateman wrote:
tone-def wrote:
erdbeerschnitzel wrote:

LOL whuuuuuut?
+1 don't get it!
that stuff sucks anyway.. there is too much bongotastic going on! I don't get how Cecille sold 8000 Copies of "Nesrib"

I still hate Trance too!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

patrick bateman wrote:
tone-def wrote:
erdbeerschnitzel wrote:
LOL whuuuuuut?
to be fair it's only happened twice that i can think of. the first time was in the late 80's early 90's when europe started making all those crappy rave records. we're responsible for most of the cheese in dance music.

of course Europe has made some amazing innovations as well. it's all just part of the evolution of music.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I still don't understand what you are trying to say Tone-Def.
Whom did the mannheim guys steal from?