Running with techno music

- open
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

Forget running on techno.

Try The Doors. Their groove & sound is amazing for running. This will sound a little bit gay, but it can get you in spiritual mode..
you are what you tweed
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

S.D.L wrote:Forget running on techno.

Try The Doors. Their groove & sound is amazing for running. This will sound a little bit gay, but it can get you in spiritual mode..

YES!!!!
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

miniKAT wrote:

YES!!!!
yes as in it does sound gay, or yes as in it can get you into spiritual mode?
-smurf
milano6600
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by milano6600 »

OLD Marco Carola
all hail shocker 2003 set
this should get you move your feet :D
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Try this after dark:

JPLS - The Depths continuous mix

:P
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

New Guy wrote:
miniKAT wrote:

YES!!!!
yes as in it does sound gay, or yes as in it can get you into spiritual mode?
-smurf
Yes, as its a great suggestion

Doors is my Favorite all time Band.

I try to include some sort of sample by Jim Morrison in all of my sets. My favorite one to use is where he predicts techno and electronic music as the music of the next generation.

Bring out your Dead!!!
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Bleehhh... my calves are so sore.

Some good suggestions on here.

Its funny you mention Carl Cox. It made me dig an old cd out of mothball to give a listen on a run. Its pretty pumping. Late 90's detroitish techno. Definitely high energy. Lots of big tracks from the era. Surprisingly sloppy mixing for a store bought CD. It was a recording of a live mix but still...

Funny thing about the doors. When I was a kid I used to go the the science center / planetarium with my grandma for the space light shows. I liked them so much that I begged her to take me to show that I saw on a poster. So we came back and it was a Doors lazer light show. I remember I was very disappointed because I expected another space show but it was 1.5 hours of spinning boots and silhouettes of naked women being lazered on to the ceiling. I think I was 8 or 9 at the time and very confused. I can't listen to the doors because I always get this visual of huge red spinning knee-high fck boots and I find it annoying. Great band though. If I was ten years older and on some kind of hallucinogen I think it would have been a much more enjoyable experience.

Next for running though I think I am going to look around for an older house set, something with really positive high energy tracks like Percussion by Saint Germaine or Baya Baya by Safri Duo. Sometimes I get the urge to listen to old house music for the nostalgic effect. :)
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:
Next for running though I think I am going to look around for an older house set, something with really positive high energy tracks like Percussion by Saint Germaine or Baya Baya by Safri Duo. Sometimes I get the urge to listen to old house music for the nostalgic effect. :)
Try this:

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... t=burridge

:P
...:::I Looove this Place:::...