Nord Lead 2X (Rack) or Dave Smith Tetr4?

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Phase Ghost wrote:Another vote for the Tetra. I have the mopho(and prophet 08) and the software editor makes editing patches a breeze on the mopho. Plus, resonance, cutoff, attack/decay and release have dedicated knobs and 4 programmable knobs.

I don't have a lot of experience with VA's, but I haven't opened a softsynth (other than fm8 on occasion) since I got the mopho and prophet. I learn something new everyday with these pieces. You don't have to try and make them sound fat, they are by default.

:D
yes analogue is addictive.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

got my email mate? with the screenshot

t
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

nop...
Martian Telecom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Martian Telecom »

We are in the middle of a golden age of boutique analogue. You should look into the Doepfer Dark Energy, The Oberheim SEM reissues, and the MFB Kraftzwerg. All three are all very solid options that are a lot more interesting IMHO.

Also, if you are in North America you might want to think about getting into modular analogue right now. This is a really great way to get into modular stuff without breaking the bank:

http://www.synthesizers.com/system-entry1.html

The beauty is that after you build a basic synth set up, you can add modules slowly over time and have a nice set up that will last for 30 years.
marcobenatti
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by marcobenatti »

DSI Poly Evolver is one of the greatetest beast out there!! Like a prophet but with much more modulation/routing possibilities! 2 analog osc and 2 digital osc in one synth with polyphonie!!! Low and high pass filter (prophet has only low cut). Price is also very high and it thaks some times to find the sound you are lookin for.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

Martian Telecom wrote:We are in the middle of a golden age of boutique analogue. You should look into the Doepfer Dark Energy, The Oberheim SEM reissues, and the MFB Kraftzwerg. All three are all very solid options that are a lot more interesting IMHO.

Also, if you are in North America you might want to think about getting into modular analogue right now. This is a really great way to get into modular stuff without breaking the bank:

http://www.synthesizers.com/system-entry1.html

The beauty is that after you build a basic synth set up, you can add modules slowly over time and have a nice set up that will last for 30 years.
you kill me now, lol....i will have to check them out with more calm, looks like there are a lot of options out there.....

i am not in USA. i ma in Madrid.

thanks for the tips....
gosh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gosh »

the MFB, Doepfer (and SEM, I presume!) are all no doubt great..raw VCO analogue with lots of modular/semi-modular but they don't have patch storage - something that could completely change they way you use it/want to use it. Something to consider.

I just ordered a tetra..i had a mono evolver keyboard whcih i loved but wanted something more portable for live gigs. I've nabbed a remote sl and going to spend a day midi-mapping the tetra to account for lack of knobs!
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Im thinking of building a custom controller for my tetra :D ( arduino, knobs, laser-cut Plexiglas :) )

tasos