EVEN Hawtin struggles to get into Berghain!!

- open
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

they probably think richie sold-out or something if he struggled to get in
Narcisse2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Narcisse2 »

Is it just me, or it's very unlikely that Richie got turned down. ?

If he is the one handling his Facebook/Twitter, he was probably refering to one of his friends who got denied entry.

Also, the door policy is indeed hardcore, but it makes for one of the best crowds I've ever seen in my life.
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

[quote]Also, the door policy is indeed hardcore, but it makes for one of the best crowds I've ever seen in my life./quote]

as a black man , i know what it is like to be denied entrance to a club.

the only way for me to go in some clubs is to be a dj myself , other wise i could not enter in many clubs, espacially in france where bouncers are racists
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

camus wrote:
Also, the door policy is indeed hardcore, but it makes for one of the best crowds I've ever seen in my life.
as a black man , i know what it is like to be denied entrance to a club.

the only way for me to go in some clubs is to be a dj myself , other wise i could not enter in many clubs, especially in france where bouncers are racists
Harlesden
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harlesden »

don't think it really matters if it was richie or one of his mates who got TURFED

fact is the place is so up its own arse it's untrue

don't get me wrong had a great time in there but no club in the world is THAT special.
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

Narcisse2 wrote:Is it just me, or it's very unlikely that Richie got turned down. ?

If he is the one handling his Facebook/Twitter, he was probably refering to one of his friends who got denied entry.

Yes it IS Rich who does his own Twitter page and it really isn't that difficult to understand.

According to the M_nus site Rich had a weekend off this week and his new mate Dubfire was playing at Berghain. Rich must have decided to pop down and tried to get in. Simple as that. Do you think that tattoed joke on the door knows who Richie Hawtin is? Or fck all about techno for that matter! Rich will no doubt have been chatting and being confident in English no doubt and Hitlers godson will have heard that and thought "nope, not having that".

I reckon Rich had to make some calls to peeps on the inside to come down and get him in past the fascists. If Rich had been playing obviously there wouldn't have been a problem as he would have turned up earlier with all his gear and no doubt been met by the promoters, but just turning up at 1.30am on a Sat night gives you a roughly 50/50 chance of entry, whoever the fck you are!

Terrible, terrible policy at that club. I do agree with turning obvious idiots, drunks, gangs and people who quite clearly don't look like they belong there but the vast amount of people are just turned away for the fun of it, simple as that.

Me for instance. Dressed totally normally in jeans and a t-shirt, 33 years old. Into techno since I was 15. Know my sh!t. Was sober. Was quiet. The doormen just told my mates that I made them feel uneasy! Thats no mean feat when you look at them and the Berghain in general! And whats this whole obsession with having women with you? Its a fucking gay club! :?
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

he's actually a real decent photographer also.

Sven Marquardt, google him.