Who are the most influential Djs & producers of all time

- open
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Your question was influential, as in who has influenced the "scene" or "movement" the most.

I think what u are stating there is innovation, who was the most innovative dj/producer, is that the question now?
future_jack
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by future_jack »

miniKAT wrote:Your question was influential, as in who has influenced the "scene" or "movement" the most.

I think what u are stating there is innovation, who was the most innovative dj/producer, is that the question now?
I think there interchangable or go hand in hand - innovation/influence....and they both appear in sets and individual tracks so maybe this thread can be about both or one - I think I have tried to create an open thread in that sense as decided after the first post.

Then when you decided to be pedantic about the title of the thread I responded to steer things on track - still you havn't added anything interesting so maybe my response to you was wasted effort.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

future_jack wrote:
miniKAT wrote:Your question was influential, as in who has influenced the "scene" or "movement" the most.

I think there interchangable or go hand in hand - innovation/influence....and they both appear in sets and individual tracks so maybe this thread can be about both or one - I think I have tried to create an open thread in that sense as decided after the first post.

Then when you decided to be pedantic about the title of the thread I responded to steer things on track - still you havn't added anything interesting so maybe my response to you was wasted effort.
Pedantic about the title? What are u rambling about? I gave u names of two CDs that influenced me a lot, now go buy them.

Tone gave u a whole list, what else do u want.

I think, of the top of my head, Neil Landstrumm, Vogel, Roman Flugel, Drexcya, Mathew Herbert, Adam X and Hawtin were innovative during the early years. As to whos DJing influenced me the most directly, I would probably say Alan Oldham aka T1000.
future_jack
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by future_jack »

miniKAT wrote:
future_jack wrote:

Pedantic about the title? What are u rambling about? I gave u names of two CDs that influenced me a lot, now go buy them.

I think, of the top of my head, Neil Landstrumm, Vogel, Roman Flugel, Drexcya, Mathew Herbert, Adam X and Hawtin were innovative during the early years. As to whos DJing influenced me the most directly, I would probably say Alan Oldham aka T1000.

Well the title said djs and influence and then you thought I was saying something else and then another thing. I was actually talking about the same thing though.

Can you say what it is specifically in the tracks that influence or what was there that hadn't been done before? Did you notice that something that influenced you can now be seen in other artists etc.?

Cheers man.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

future_jack wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
future_jack wrote:

Well the title said djs and influence and then you thought I was saying something else and then another thing. I was actually talking about the same thing though.

Can you say what it is specifically in the tracks that influence or what was there that hadn't been done before? Did you notice that something that influenced you can now be seen in other artists etc.?

Cheers man.
Are u writing a term paper?
future_jack
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by future_jack »

miniKAT wrote:
future_jack wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
future_jack wrote:

Cheers man.
Are u writing a term paper?
No.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i see influential and innovative as two very different things.

take some of the people on my list. some of them didn't really do anything new but thousands of people love them because they are superstars.

when i was younger it was the radio DJ's that influenced me. RIP John Peel
future_jack
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by future_jack »

tone-def wrote:i see influential and innovative as two very different things.

take some of the people on my list. some of them didn't really do anything new but thousands of people love them because they are superstars.

when i was younger it was the radio DJ's that influenced me. RIP John Peel
Hmm ok then - let's limit what I mean by influence and innovative to artistic and pioneer merit only.

It would be nice if some more could join in to get the ball rolling. I think this could be an interesting conversation.