midi controllers

- ask away
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

Edward_Molton wrote:
I have the Bitstream for several years now and it's still doing the job. Great midi-controller. It's quite heavy but that's good for live conditions. The only thing is that they should add some more buttons on it. But it's a great midi-controller.
+1
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

yeah i have a bitstream as well, well worth it for live stuff.

although, sometimes its just a pain in the ass to carry around.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

it is funny...before i bought it, i was asking around, and looking on internet and it was like almost unknown.....the most popular was the uc33e...i am a bit surprised many people here has the 3X.....

now the new stuff is the APC 40 frmo akai....
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zarbeat »

Is that mod. out already? The monomulater? That basically makes it a step sequencer, right? Like the monome?
I've send some encrypted files over to Jay at Livid according to them we should be having a native step sequencer before the year ends :D how ever the step sequencers I've been using are mostly Reaktor ensambles :D some of them are really sweet some of them are just weird :S before getting the livid I was thinking on getting a CME bitstream it looks awesome but some how I got this as a present from my Fiance on my past b-day :P I migth get the Apc40 and the CME down the line but first I need to get some more gigs :D

here a lilttle link to me using the Ohm 64 at my studio :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEqq6ab_ ... ure=autofb
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

Actually I think there should be a company where you can design and have you own midi-controllers build for a fair price.

Because with the most midi-controllers you have always the feeling that something is missing or other things that could improve the controller. Like more buttons on the bitstream.
sinfm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sinfm »

Edward_Molton wrote:Actually I think there should be a company where you can design and have you own midi-controllers build for a fair price.

Because with the most midi-controllers you have always the feeling that something is missing or other things that could improve the controller. Like more buttons on the bitstream.
How about the Lemur?

you can design your own interface.

http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_overview.php
Three can keep a secret if two are dead
sinfm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sinfm »

Edward_Molton wrote:Actually I think there should be a company where you can design and have you own midi-controllers build for a fair price.

How about the Lemur?

you can design your own interface
Three can keep a secret if two are dead
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pettro »

Steevio

Sorry to be OT but it caught my attention that you say you do not use session view. Can you comment a little bit on that?
I personally would feel very restricted playing in arrangement but I know you may have a creative way of using it, that's what I'm interested in some comments on your live settings/organization.