longest live act you've ever listen?

- open
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

i completely forgot that i saw anthony rother live at the arvika festival back in 2002. then he probably played 2+ hours with hardware only, now that was awesome! also saw infected mushroom on the same festival doing a long live, but not sure how they performed as i stood quite far away from the scene.

after digging in my box full of flyers from parties i've attended too i came over one with shawn rudiman in oslo. i remember he played the whole night by himself, so probably 3+ hours. and the best thing was that he only used a 303 and some other boxes, nothing pre-programmed or anything, just live on the fly all night, fucking awesome!
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

i usually play 2 hour sets when playing my danceloor stuff. but when i play my ambient improv stuff i always play loooooooong sets, once i played for 6 hours...as it's 100% improvised there's no limits really.
mpc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mpc »

ive once heard a 2 hours live set,and probably the best ive ever heard.It was stephen beaupre live in flexbar amsterdam during get perlonized.I was like WOW (-) .He didn't even use a midi controller.Just him and his laptop-keyboard,sitting on a chair after an hour,spacing on his music totaly focussed.
Never saw him again. :(
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Ive heard Half Hawaii do a 2 hr liveset.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

I don't want to brag but...

I played many times 2-3 hours live (especially in Detroit where they like the long journeys) but my longest set was 8 hours. That night, a friend and I played chill out/experimental live, pure improvisation for the whole time. Lots of gear and fun.
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »

Awesome.
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

Lots of gear and fun.
maybe not for the crowd ...
Atheory