[M79MP3] Ambivalent - Is 5

- wax
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

tettezak wrote:How does the time and effort someone put in a track influence the quality? I could easily spend a year on a single track giving it all I have and it would still be worthless.. :P
bingo...
Prozakace
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Prozakace »

Don't really love it....maybe with "Dogs Standing Up" I'll like it :p
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

hmm, not my cup'o tea.

Still, nice that Minus is giving it away for "free" (if you have a member card). So I'm not too bothered about it. :lol:

A bit suprised that Heron gets so much sh!t over him though, thought the post before him was way more straight forward. I mean, he's entitled to his opinion. He doesn't know the artist and doesn't HAVE to know him, he listens to it based on the music and if he thinks it sounds awfull to him, that's his prerogative. You can't expect everyone who listens to a track to first interview the artist to know what the person felt like when he made it.

In other words: chill out, and use the anger and emotions you just displayed in your next track. I will :lol:
.camea.
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by .camea. »

oops, i think a point has been missed here .. it's totally fine to not like the music and express it, but I think Heron is capable of showing a little more respect than to simplify a fellow artist's work so negatively as he did on this thread. "awful" ...... really? does he have to be nicer? absolutely not, he can say what he wants. but i have heard his demos, and a lot of us have taken the time to give him a chance on a personal or professional level, including Ambivalent, and i would suppose that he would be more thoughtful about his choice of words in regards to his criticisms on the imperfections of other people's music. it's a mutual respect thing, and it just surprises me that he is so quick to dismiss other peoples work in such a negative way, as i have seen him do it on other threads.

my apologies, i really don't want to debate with anyone as i am sure you are all nice people :). this particular situation just really struck a chord with me.

/camea
HERON
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HERON »

Give him a chance on a personal or professional level

This thread is becoming really personal - and that is definitely NOT professional.

And please don't talk about my demos here.
I thought the release on Clink was safe (i could read it with my eyes in the mails) and 6 months later you said "no, send them to other labels and send newer ones".

And Kevin never gave me anything except his right hand for saying Hello in Erfurt last year.

Lets stop talking about things far away from this release, PLEASE.

I'd choose other words, you are right - but i didn't.
But that is no reason for starting a personal fight here, Tim & Camea.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

timxavier wrote:you're missing the point :idea:
It's you that's missing the point. This is an internet forum for discussions on music.
bip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bip »

describing a release as "awful" is maybe not so elegant, but giving details about a demo received in public, with the only goal to hurt, is MUCH worse!
...::::....::::....::::...
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

I expect that this will be a large multi-pager. 808 Clap is actually a lot more interesting musically than a lot of stuff out there - prob my favourite of the release.

@technopunk: not trying to criticise but if you don't get the point of such paintings do you actually understand what minimalism (not necessarily in a definitive sense) is really about? Have you ever seen paintings by someone like Rothko in person? (My point isn't to directly compare such artists with Ambivalent.)