re:produce 005: AOE | An Innovative Sample Series + 50% Off

- ask away
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

I heard a sound from the Vengeance Minimal House sample pack in the preview loop. What's that about?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

boudo wrote:I heard a sound from the Vengeance Minimal House sample pack in the preview loop. What's that about?

:lol: :lol:
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

Brankis wrote:
Torque wrote:Sorry to be a party pooper and all but....
I'm i crazy to think that maybe people that don't enjoy actually making music probably shouldn't be?
Why would any professional producer in their right mind sell their own sound in sample packs? I don't know if somebody could ever pay me enough money to make that a smart move.
download the sample pack and make a track that sounds like either of the producers here that made it... post the results when you succeed :roll:
Problem #1
I've never owned a record by or even know who the guy is, which means it would be even less likely that i would pay money for samples. I'm sure he's a good producer and all but his records haven't really made it into my circle yet that i'm aware of. No offence to people that like them but sample packs are not my thing. I actually enjoy making the sounds myself, cutting loops myself, editing myself and mixing myself.

To be honest i'm more skeptical of loop packs with peoples names on them because no producer that i know personally would ever do something like that because everybody is protective of their sound. It took them all years to develop it. So i would be more apt to suspect that the sample packs are just some sh!t they threw together in 10 minutes or just a box of samples with their name stamped on it.
Lobotomy Records
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lobotomy Records »

Well to be honest, the artists and producers I've worked with over the years are much more about sharing their knowledge and how they go about achieving their sound and nerding out with people who are interested (and is actually the reason these packs have come about), rather than being 'protective' which frankly I rarely come across and IMO anyone with that kind of an attitude doesn't deserve to release music.

Sharing = Knowledge = Growth

Without this chain we would all be nothing....remember that when you are being soooo protective of your stuff, that at the end of the day if it wasn't for reading up on artists' techniques, tutorials, or directly conversing with them you certainly wouldn't be growing artistically - at least not that quickly.
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

Fair enough, but why "Lobotomy Records"? That's an operation to remove a critical part of the brain, often that associated with decision making processes. Couple that with the unfortunate "Reproduce" tagline and we're all washed up in unoriginal, derivative city. I hardly think that truly quality producers out there are going to be too happy about moving there with you.

Infact, if I were you I'd be pretty wary of these "top names" trying to convince you that you're getting their true "A" material. You're most likely not.
Some music:
www.myspace.com/cloakmusic

Reviews, news and more:
www.inverted-audio.co.uk
Lobotomy Records
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lobotomy Records »

Dusk wrote:Fair enough, but why "Lobotomy Records"? That's an operation to remove a critical part of the brain, often that associated with decision making processes. Couple that with the unfortunate "Reproduce" tagline and we're all washed up in unoriginal, derivative city. I hardly think that truly quality producers out there are going to be too happy about moving there with you.

Infact, if I were you I'd be pretty wary of these "top names" trying to convince you that you're getting their true "A" material. You're most likely not.
Hhahaa this is a name of old of my digital label's that I am taking a hiatus from - it was meant because back in the day when we conceived the concept the label focused on music that was very atypical, and yeah I agree it wasn't the best name but I had the account setup so here I am...

LOL you guys crack me up!

Luckily for me these 'top names' are actually friends of mine or through mutual friends, so yeah I'm pretty sure they are giving us their 'a' material, not to mention they are getting paid too!

And by the way, the amount of support and excitement and enthusiasm from all the artists involved is overwhelming! Never have I seen such support for a project like this! But then again, I'm sure you will find some way of debunking that, since you know exactly the relationships we build with our guests and friends...
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

Lobotomy Records wrote:Well to be honest, the artists and producers I've worked with over the years are much more about sharing their knowledge and how they go about achieving their sound and nerding out with people who are interested (and is actually the reason these packs have come about), rather than being 'protective' which frankly I rarely come across and IMO anyone with that kind of an attitude doesn't deserve to release music.

Without this chain we would all be nothing....remember that when you are being soooo protective of your stuff, that at the end of the day if it wasn't for reading up on artists' techniques, tutorials, or directly conversing with them you certainly wouldn't be growing artistically - at least not that quickly.
i agree with that, i dont know why some people are so protective of this stuff... there are some very established artists that post in this forum sometimes and its always some kind of vague, indirect answer. not only is that stuff annoying but it sure as hell ensures that i will never pay for one of their tracks. then there are others like miro pajic and some others who are very helpful and willing to share valuable information. thanks!!! i will support those people

i live in the US and there arent very many people producing this stuff where i am so the internet is my main source of direct information from more experienced artists
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Lobotomy Records wrote:Well to be honest, the artists and producers I've worked with over the years are much more about sharing their knowledge and how they go about achieving their sound and nerding out with people who are interested (and is actually the reason these packs have come about), rather than being 'protective' which frankly I rarely come across and IMO anyone with that kind of an attitude doesn't deserve to release music.

But their not teaching them anything, just giving them a bunch of samples. how will that help you grow?