DJ Hero

- open
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

iainkerr7 wrote:
Ciaran_ wrote:I hope kids dont have to be fuelled by a game to start dj'ing... Kind of defeats the point of being into the music....?
does it really matter how you get into it?
No, not at all... as long as they are into the music rather than wanting to be worshipped.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Ciaran_ wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:
Ciaran_ wrote:I hope kids dont have to be fuelled by a game to start dj'ing... Kind of defeats the point of being into the music....?
No, not at all... as long as they are into the music rather than wanting to be worshipped.
Whats wrong with wanting to be worshipped?

In your opinion?
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

iainkerr7 wrote:
Ciaran_ wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:

In your opinion?
Well, I just meant that the primary objective behind being a dj was because you want people to hear the music you love, and not to become a superstar
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A-Dreamer »

this is absolute crap. i think i've never seen a game more pointless than this. and it has nothing to do with djing, techno-wise. and if someone wants to play with music and gear, why not get the real stuff, and buy the actual records ? this is a mindwashing travesty. it insults music and djs.
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Ciaran_ wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:
Ciaran_ wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:

In your opinion?
Well, I just meant that the primary objective behind being a dj was because you want people to hear the music you love, and not to become a superstar
yeh def I agree with that, but if you think about who this game is aimed at, like 11+ surely they just want to dream about being cool like Tiesto, some dope hiphop DJ or DJ Sammy? haha!

I don't think any adult will be playing it and thinking that they will be a superstar..
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Just a quick question

- Do the people who have a hate-on for this game, also hate Guitar Hero / Rockband / etc?

Do you hate this entire genre of games, or only this game because it's targeting 'DJ-culture' to some extent?

Seems like allot of people in the EDM scene are all in a tither over this game and I don't really get "why?"

Don't get me wrong - I'm not going to be rushing out to buy this game, I think it just seems kind of silly, the tracks seem pretty ass - but if some kids want to buy it to add to their collection of music-genre games, then why not?

I can see not liking the game / thinking its silly, but there seems to be an "outrage" factor to some peoples responses to this game that just confuses me.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

^^^^^

yeah i don't get why everyone is so angry about this.

if your angry about a computer program that is an unrealtistic simulation of the art of djing where a load of mediocre tracks are thrown together in an uninspiring way by a person pretending to be a dj then i hope you are a vinyl only dj.
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

....wtf.... eminem....??? :lol: